AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   EF CRX/Civic + DA Integra (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   newbie in need of some help with a da (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=96421)

smikey 05-08-2009 08:40 AM

newbie in need of some help with a da

so i just purchased a 92 da its got a basically stock b18a1 well all stock with a cat back exhuast i just wanna know some basics

like can i run a short ram intake with the batter in the stock position? it seems like the battery would be in the way of the filter and does anybody have one for sale

suspension, the car is stock hight and i wanna know the cheapest way to lower my car is cutting the springs an option?

yea i know it prolly sounds like im some rice wannabe but i swear im not. just a broke student and i have finals and i dont wanna push a wack dd for the time being. ill upgrade over the summer thank for your imput and if you gise have any other usefull imput i could use on a da

last but not least a b18a is a ls right? still trying to learn the language of vtec hahah

g2integy 05-08-2009 08:46 AM

Yes you can run a short ram with the battery in the stock position. Buy a cheap no name short ram off ebay and get a K&N filter.

No cutting spring is not a option ! Look through the classified on here and see if anyone is selling lowering spring and shocks.
You can run stock shocks with lowering springs ,but the shocks wont last.

Yeah the b18a1 is a LS and no Vtec.

smikey 05-08-2009 10:00 AM

And hook it strait up to the intake manifold? It looks like it would land on the battery, I don't see it reaching all the way behind the battery (tucked between the battery and fender right?) ill try it out does anyone have the diameter of the opening of the manifold? So I know what adapter to buy?

And that's what I figured about the suspention yea ill just ride donk status till I can afford the coilovers

No vtec? Man that's pretty wack what do I have to do to get vtec in my da? Full swap or can I just swap heads man hondas are complicated lol

g2integy 05-08-2009 10:22 AM

RiceK 05-08-2009 10:52 AM

there's a lot more stuff to do than just swapping heads you will need a vtec dizzy and a vtec ecu plus the wirings. my two cents on the intake is just get a free flowing K&N drop in filter to your stock airbox and remove the bottom piping if you want.

smikey 05-08-2009 11:13 AM

Wow picture helped tons man I'm glad I joined the honda community I effin love you gise no homo!!!! Haha yea I thaught about the drop in but I figured I would get more engine sound with a short ram is this true? I have a heyumey? (Or how ever you spell it) cat back and I love how it doesn't sound like a fart can I think a short ram would make it sound sick. And look cool.
Would the lsvtec be worth the work? I love the way the b18a1 runs it seems so reliable and powerfull.

g2integy 05-08-2009 11:36 AM

^^^^^^True I should have broke it down better.

I was going to go Ls/vtec but thinking of going turbo instead.

RiceK 05-08-2009 12:24 PM

if you want sound unhook the stock arm of the airbox from the intake manifold, start the engine and rev up, that'll give you some sound. If theres are resonator that's attached to the bottom end of the stock airbox, you can remove that and that'll give you some sound too.

smikey 05-08-2009 12:56 PM

Can I run the car strait manifold? Isn't that bad? Could I just throw the knn filter strait to the manifold? With a spacer? Or is that not cool either

turbo sounds alittle better than ls/vtec but that's down the road some time hey thanks again everybody that's given imput to this thread I aprreaciate it I can't thank you all enough!

RiceK 05-08-2009 02:05 PM

I didn't say run it like that just start the engine and rev up and yes you can also opt to attach a cone k&n filter on the manifold if that's what you want

95_B18b1_Teg 05-09-2009 02:19 AM

you can pice together a turbo kit and tune it for about 1500 or ls/vtec for about 1000
i would just say boost it
its more fun and the ls motor is pure sickness when boosted
before you start fucking with your motor you should get a leak down test to see if your motor can take it or if you need to work on rebuild it a little
trust me a leak down and compression test will save you a hell of a lot of headaches
you dont wanna drop moniez on a motor that will fail you in the long run, better safe than sorry

DanVar 05-11-2009 08:07 AM

You can buy a cheap no name air intake on ebay for around 40 bucks plus change.

JDM BOII 05-11-2009 09:35 AM

you can do a ls vtec. get a b16 or gsr head. but new head bolts and head gasket

buy a full vtec head.

and i have a brand new head gasket from honda ill sell you for 40 bucks

smikey 05-11-2009 04:18 PM

Yea I'm planning on doin the ebay intake but I'm gunna make up for it with a knn air filter lmfao hahah
Question tho:: what is everything connecetd to the stock intake (ie vacume lines? Or sensors? What do I do with those will the aftermarket intake have the connections for them. Again not sure what's there or what's connected but I'm pretty sure there are lines into the intake.

I need some more imput
I got my hands on some fat five gsr's I don't know what size tire to put on em I looked thru some threads but not to many da's are sittin on fat 5's I like the tall meaty look but I also wanna slam my car so I was thinking 195/50s any imput helps pics would be tight
Last but not least where do you gise meet up? If anywhere are there any da meets or honda meets ? I'm west valley

RiceK 05-11-2009 07:14 PM

There's a vacuum line that connects from the intake arm to the valve cover and I think that is all I can think of....

take your rims to any tire shop and they can tell you what tires you can use for your ride

smikey 05-11-2009 08:31 PM

Yea see I knew there was something, but my question was will the aftermarket come with the connections?

And I know there's probably a recomended tire size but I'm 21 I don't care about regulations and specifics! Hahahah what's gunna look sick?

xlerate23 05-12-2009 02:50 AM

i say do an ls/vtec boosting...
but u seem kinda new to the honda game (no offense!)
if you are this will just be the first honda out of many you will own! lol
i just finished doing an ls/vtec on my friends DA with a B16 head. it turned out really good and running strong.
for ur first project i say do ls/vtec than if u like it turbo it and use the full potential or ur engine.
it is complicated but thats why we are here for!
GL!!!

94gay-lude 05-12-2009 02:59 AM

195 55 15 would work fine man

RiceK 05-12-2009 07:11 AM

god I hope you don't represent all 21 yrs old:crazy:

smikey 05-12-2009 06:00 PM

Aww okay that sounded bad, but I'm not gunna throw some donuts on it go I'm not that bad I threw in the previous post I was thinkin about the 195/50sprolly gunna do these by the way

So What's the "process" like, transfering a california car to az? I know its emmision first than some kinda car inspection? What does this so called inspection consist of?

RiceK 05-13-2009 12:19 PM

well it depends on the county in cochise there are no emissions just as long as your car "looks" safe visually. Then you pay the fee to transfer the title and that is it.

integraDA9 05-13-2009 12:59 PM

go to any DMV and get an inspection its free they just mark sure all the vin numbers match. then get your emissions then go to a second hand DMV to get the reg. it will cost you like 50 bucks which is 20 bucks more than the DMV but you dont have to wait 300 years to get it done. I had to do this when i bought my car of a old lady from WA.

smikey 05-13-2009 03:23 PM

I'm in phx so I have to do the whole 9 yards now my question is how do I make sure all my numbers match? I'm pretty sure they do, but who's to say one of who knows how many previous owners didn't do a swap using a stollen motor? I just wannamake sure I kinda looked into it. Its not the numbers under the engine size stamp which is like 00006328? And they do check the tranny right?

So if you gise could help me out let me know where to look for the numbers that would be awsome

O yea and I finally bought my intake. Didbnt wanna wait for ebay so i went down to a lil aftermarket shop and found a cheap one hopefully install it tonight. Would it be better to to get the car thru emissions first? Wil the aftermarket intake help me or hurt me?

smikey 05-14-2009 08:04 AM

Okay gise really need help on this title transfer I did some research and now I'm definte that my serial numbers don't match (the title matches the car, but if I'm right the engine and tranny are different than the car like 3 different serial numbers different) everything I found was saying that there was a pretty good chance I coould get my car takin away? Is this hear say or should I be worried? And what should I do? damn inspections!!

smikey 05-14-2009 08:45 AM

Shiiiaatt I forgot to say its a salvaged title from california any help would be great thanks gise

RiceK 05-14-2009 09:22 AM

when i did my transfer from cali they just checked the vin of the car to amek sure it ain't stolen. If there's a discrepancy just ask them if the vin on the engine and the vin on the car don't match tell them the truth your car was salvaged and your vin don't match now, ask them what can you do to make it legal. Hell I registered a car with out matching odometer reading and they just handed me a new pink saying it's salvaged and the odometer reading is incorrect. No sweat they didn't take my car away or nuthin took about 30 mins. Relax just be honest and truthful and ask what can you do to correct it.

smikey 05-14-2009 12:15 PM

Yea I guess I just let all those internet horror stories get to me so I'm gunna try to gointo a 3rd party dmv see what they can do for me but I just took the car through emissions and it passed with flying colors I love hondas hey where can I get those "I love my honda" or "I love my da" stickers at?

smikey 05-17-2009 02:03 AM

Okay new set of questions does the ls b18a1 have a rev limiter? Or anything like that? I stepped on it today and got to my upper rpms quick once it hit 7500 (I think that's what it red lines at right) it seemed to skip some cylinders as if it was limited at 7500. my last car which was a vw bug just pushed right on thru till the tach was barried stopped makin power but the engine would go all the way thanks again o and am I a obd1 or odb0? And what is that hahaha

smikey 05-18-2009 09:57 AM

Just an update I passed emission and came to a 3rd party passed the inspection payd 75 bucks and now I'm legit for 2 years I love paying the convienience fees and taking a half ass inspection hahah where are the meets at? I'm legit I can go lol