AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Road Racing & Auto-X (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   H2 Honda Challenge Thanksgiving Enduro Battle Royale (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=108481)

Importfan2 09-27-2009 08:49 AM

So who's team am i brining breakfast for then..

fmx_dbc 09-27-2009 09:32 AM

I talked with Jeff the other night and I think it would be a good idea to get EVERYONE that wants to participate in this (be it driving, crewing, cooking, etc.) together for a big group gathering to discuss/explain how this will go down. I pictured it much like the Sturla's Christmas party only with less intoxication and presents

BlueTeg 09-27-2009 11:09 AM

In theory, thats a great idea Craig. Executing it (i.e. finding a time where everyone can make it) is another story.

Its not rocket science. If you have a race car and want to participate ask someone. If you don't have a car, but have a comp license, ask someone. The crew and and the other stuff can figured out as the event gets closer. The driving teams are the first thing that needs to be worked out so they can find out what needs to be done the cars and who is going to pay for what.

With a 2 day event coming up next weekend, its probably a good idea to get the cars out there for some warm up laps to see what, if anything, needs to be done between now and Thanksgiving and to give the teammates of the cars some seattime before the enduro.

fmx_dbc 09-27-2009 11:25 AM

Honestly I dont think it would be THAT fuckin hard to get everyone together one night for a beer or two. So you may have to postpone that hot piece of ass for one night... big fuckin deal. Wouldnt it be nice to have everyone on the same wavelength? I'm not saying that we should share race/pit strategies or anything like that but I think there ought to be some sort of organization regarding this. I am not personally a fan of rushing plans together and if that is going to be the case then enjoy yourselves.... Let the racers/drivers work it out. I'm not trying to be an asshole here... If everyone wants to work it out on their own that's fine I'll shut up and show myself to the door. I think what's so beneficial about having a big get-together is that everyone bonds and we become a tighter/closer group. After all, isn't the bottom line that we are supposed to be having a good time with our friends? In my opinion the more this becomes individualized and less of a combined/group effort, the farther away we get from that "big picture" or bottom line.
My $0.02
End Rant

dantana 09-27-2009 04:49 PM

just spoke with a potential new entry, hopefully he will be announcing himself shortly.
im down with craig, getting together for a beer meeting will be no issue at all!
lets see if we can get jeremy to race ready the s2000 and come play :):inlove:

jeff@loooseboyracing.com 09-27-2009 08:37 PM

Im in boys-
Lets dance-

1-Jeff - Black beauty

2-Dan/Gabe- old glory

3-Tony/~?- the beast

4-Craig/Chez- big red

5-justin- the ralph special

6-tage/boles- the thing

*7-phil/nolan- tokyo auto salon

bueler? anyone else?

Jeremey would do it, but unfort. there is no de2 version of race group

fmx_dbc 09-27-2009 08:44 PM

Tony/Kent most likely. We may have our work cut out for us boys...

dantana 09-27-2009 08:49 PM

solid nomeclature on this one!:thumbup:

BlueTeg 09-28-2009 11:32 AM

wha wha....? :clap:

In Phil's or Nolan's hooptie?

cbaracing 09-28-2009 12:46 PM

the one at PIR that Tony was racing in? I was there. You, your dad, and brother were there. :grin:

PhoenixB16 09-28-2009 01:00 PM

pretty sure I will not get a response to this,but I can help out if needed. i still know my way around a Honda............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....................................

PhoenixR 09-28-2009 01:06 PM

i might take you up on this.

if we're wanting to do a meeting before this, we can do my house next weekend -- i'm racing in primm this coming weekend. open shop and beer on tap!

BlueTeg 09-28-2009 01:09 PM

:thumbsup:
Sent you a text.

PhoenixB16 09-28-2009 01:16 PM

5205596951 Let me know,I have a pretty loose schedule.

fmx_dbc 09-28-2009 01:24 PM

Yep yep. Looking forward to doing it again

fmx_dbc 09-28-2009 05:35 PM

"Buehler...? Buehler...? Buehler...?"
:doobie:

ILIKETODRIVE 09-28-2009 07:16 PM

LOL @ Tokyo Auto Salon & DE2 Race Group.

What about me? I know my way around.....:crazy:

topramn 09-28-2009 08:57 PM

stop fooling around and find a seat buddy.. there are still cars nobody has mentioned.. scott rutledge - its a boy.. there is also eric woods with his teg.. the tricky part will be reaching him.. good luck..

riceboy88 09-28-2009 09:09 PM

DE2 race group.

down.haha

ill prbly be out taking pictures like always

Tage 09-29-2009 07:55 AM

Alright boys, here's the deal...

#1 - I will have "Comp School" at the Nov event. On Saturday for sure so that folks who want to do this have a chance at running the enduro the following day. So Phil, Simon, Nolan, etc. quit slackin' and start planning to run this bitch!

#2 - As far as a meeting let's do it at the Sat night NASA BBQ when after most of excitment dies down a bit so we can actually talk. What better place to have a meeting about race logistics than at the RACE TRACK? Plus if we do it anywhere else it will cost money. Why spend your own money (on food and beer) when you can spend mine, right? LOL!

#3 - I highly doubt Boles will co-drive with me (in his own car) so I will need a co-driver. Brady has hit me up to co-drive with him but there's two obvious challenges with this one. First off is Jason needs to be okay with the co-driver and secondly I want there to be competition. Granted I think Tony has the quickest H2 car locally he would be the one to beat assuming he can keep his axles in the transmission and VTEC engaged and...

At any rate, I think we should all chat about this over a few cold ones and maybe figure out the teams then. Everyone that owns a car needs to be comfortable with their driver but I'd rather pair up guys so that it creates the most competition to promote close racing.

ILIKETODRIVE 09-29-2009 08:15 AM

Sweet. Comp School FTW.

Jeff, you wanna solo or want a co-driver? ;)

I have Woods' number. I'll see if I can get ahold of him.

cbaracing 09-29-2009 09:44 AM

did not receive :sad1:

520? you in tucson now ;)

ill be there
should be fun times

topramn 09-29-2009 09:49 AM

This guy just made it easier for those in panic. Go Tage! :thumbsup:

Im going to go out on a limb and say maybe a triple split start? PT, HC, 944? The track is short but there doesnt need to be a half track between each group. The other option is to modify qualifying postitions so that PT is in order, then HC, and then give the split to 944 if they create the numbers which I am going to assume they will.

ILIKETODRIVE 09-29-2009 09:56 AM

He sure did! :thumbup:

Split Start for HC FTMFW.

fmx_dbc 09-29-2009 09:59 AM

Tage, Tony will not be at this weekend's event and neither will I. That is the purpose for having it at his house on the following weekend.
Start a head count for Tony's?

ILIKETODRIVE 09-29-2009 10:04 AM

I'm in. I'll bring an in-car video resume with me. :crazy:

BlueTeg 09-29-2009 11:21 AM

I won't be here next weekend, and I know of a few others that will be out of town as well....

dantana 09-29-2009 11:57 AM

:hello:im going to be out of town as well. Im going to opt for drinking tonys beer
noodles, fill us in on how the meeting goes

fmx_dbc 09-29-2009 12:17 PM

Sounds like there will be 2 meetings/gatherings. If you can make it to Tonys next weekend chime in.
+4 for Tony, Dan, Simon, and myself...

PhoenixR 09-29-2009 01:57 PM

cool -- what day works best for everyone? i might have an offroad racing bbq to make an appearance at on saturday afternoon. so either sunday or friday/saturday evening.