AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   S2000 & NSX (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   i wanna s2k (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=124017)

Method520 04-14-2010 04:45 PM

i wanna s2k

ok, so today i was cruising down grant with the windows down bumpin some slightly stoopid cause lets just put it this way, im having a good day.. anyways, it just hit me, i most definitely want an ap1, and im willing to save some more bank to get one. its not just a stupid mood im in where i can picture myself cruisin with the top down, cause iv been considering getting one for a while now, that or the 00' si.

what do you think? in what way do the prices vary as opposed to the sedans? are there different problems i gotta look out for when shopping on craigslist? and what i mean is like, when im shopping for sedans/coupes and what not, like 50% of the hondas are swapped and potentially have motor problems the sellers arent willing to point out, im real interested, gimme the scoop :)

JspecSi 04-14-2010 08:29 PM

pick mine up lol. these car's are badass if you don't have a family or if you have another dd car for the fam.

Crisgo 04-14-2010 09:04 PM

Yeah. Owning a AP1 is pretty damn sweet. I thought about one for a little bit then jumped on buying one. I got the one I wanted but not sure if I will be keeping it. Might go on the market soon if you aer interested. I am in Tucson. But my best advice about getting one would be to get a 02-03 AP1 if the 2.0 is what you wanna have. Get as much info and do the old carfax as well. If you have a seller with not much info, or selling for a friend then the throws up some flags. I got mine from the original owner who cared well for it. I wish you that luck!

Method520 04-14-2010 09:49 PM

word man thanks

4thgen 04-15-2010 10:21 AM

AP1 is a good choice. Just be prepared to spend some cash on tires. The 02-03 will be your best option due to the rear glass and a few other updates over the earlier models.I absoluetly love my S and will soon be making it just my weekend/roadtrip vehicle.

Jstarda9 04-16-2010 11:55 AM

I've had my s2000 for 6 years and I love it so much. It makes me happy knowing at anytime I can drive it with the top down and get in a good mood. No serious problem that I can think of. 02 and 03 is the way to go for an AP1..Glass and better interior and more HP..You will not regret owning an s2000..Plus no other stock Honda can compare on the handling.

trujdm 04-16-2010 09:14 PM

I have been helping my buddy build his 01 AP1 the past 2 years and I love driving it when he gives me the chance. I have put a lot of money into the suspension of my CRX to get better handling and it doesn't even compare to the response and feel of the factory S2000 setup. I realize it's a completely different platform and all but it makes me feel let down driving my rex compared to his S2K. If I had the money to spend, I would absolutely pick up an S2000, but like the other guys said, go for an 02-03 for sure. The little differences like the tweeter pods and glass rear window, etc. make my buddy wish he had bought an 02-03. Unless you need a back seat and a bigger trunk like the Si has, go for an S2K. Just my .02 (damn now you made me want one even more)

Nate_AP1 04-18-2010 12:32 AM

Fortunately you can find some really good used examples of these cars. Even though AP1's are getting old (mines 10 years old!) - many people had them as weekend cars and took very good care of them.

The price has come down a LOT and some have fallen into hands that may have neglected them, so just be careful like you would buying anything else.

All things equal, buy the newest car with the lowest miles you can afford.

Dont drive one....or you'll be hooked :devil1:

JDM Jon 04-18-2010 11:06 AM

I'm also kinda interested for buying one in the future.
I think it would be fun as hell and it has tons of style.
But doesn't insurance own? Isn't the s2k one of the higher priced cars to insure, up with the evo and wrx?
I was wanting to buy one when I turn 21 and I have a clean record... hmmm

theSYNDICATE 04-18-2010 08:51 PM

Look for an '04, first year with the 2.2L motor and oldest AP2 available, thus the cheapest. I got a ridiculous deal on mine when I had it, just keep your eye out and be ready to buy when you find a good deal.

Method520 04-18-2010 10:29 PM

thanks for all the input guys, im probably going to be scoping craigslist and azht fosale thread periodically, but its gunna be some time till i can afford a sporty car like this :D

JDM Jon 04-20-2010 12:17 AM

Good for you man, good for you. :thumbup:

GunnRulF 04-20-2010 10:12 AM

Love my ap2.. I have an 04 as well. It is definetly an amazing car in stock form, some sticky tires is all you really need and your good to hit the canyon's top down poppin tec! LOL

If your really interested in a s2k hop on s2ki and do some reading alot of threads on the comparison between the ap1 and ap2.

Good luck with your purchase hope to see you at some meets soon!

Here is the Arizona section where we set up meets and tech day's (pretty much the lounge on here)

And this is a really good link to read as well.. Click the link its easier to read on s2ki

Method520 04-22-2010 01:00 PM

cool^^ thanks, i will probably be going wtih an ap1 unless i can find an ap2 for around 11-12k cause thats my price range. AAnd, by the time i can afford it which will be late fall. im going to be living in houston texas and going to school there. but no fear, i will be visiting tucson a bunch, and it wont really change how much time i spend on the forum already. yez yez, i will be reppin tucson in texas, from what iv researched, they dont have much going on honda-wise, really most of the honda guys are like show-car builders (body kits and paint designs and such), i haven't seen much of the oem scene out there, and yes thats having gone to 1 meet in houston already.

imm0rtal 04-30-2010 10:01 AM

There is a pretty nice oem scene in Houston/San Antonio/El Paso/Dallas. I know quite a few del sol owners out there with sick rides, and quite a few EG owners haha

I'm also looking to get an S2K as a daily once I am in a position to pay a car payment. Is it easy to get financing on a used car such as this? I'm coming up on the age where insurance companies lower their rates, so I can't think of a better way to celebrate lol

Jstarda9 04-30-2010 10:19 AM

Do it man. You can find some out there for $10k

marky 04-30-2010 12:04 PM

get the s2k! if only i had the cash i would soo get one! its like my dream car!

PENTAGRAM_OF_EVIL 04-30-2010 06:09 PM

If I find a real job ill pick one up. And I agree ap1 all the way. The only thing that sucks is its hard to find a white one.

Method520 04-30-2010 06:35 PM

^^ yeah, im diggin the ap1. if i buy one, im gunna probably keep it all stock but go with the gun metal paint job and cf hood/trunk. but if i dont go with the ap1, its all about turbo em1 project

azsol 05-02-2010 08:46 PM

I've had my AP2 for almost a year now, and have never regretted it. Yeah, trunk space has been my only issue. But that's what my wife's civic is for. Good luck in your hunt!

Nate_AP1 05-03-2010 11:50 PM

Racist;)

PENTAGRAM_OF_EVIL 05-04-2010 08:11 AM

So. Jk. I do have a black car too. Mmm Oreo's.

imm0rtal 05-05-2010 12:17 PM

glad to hear the trunk space is your only issue. I'm not too worried about that since I own a del sol. Hopefully an S2K is my first car post-college :)

Method520 05-05-2010 02:51 PM

meh i could give a fuck less about trunk space. im 17, dont have a baby-momma.. let alone a baby, and all i even hauled around in the ek was a jack stand and beer from time to time.

it just gets me thinking even more, chicks digg those sporty roadsters, and im not talking about the girly miatas, but im sure ill be alright rollin around in a slammed secksy looking s2k with a nice exhaust and some carbon fiber or something.

and in reference to immortal, this would be my "college entry" car, which is a pretty good time to have a nice little s2k if i can afford it. and gl with the hunt for your post college whip, im hoping if i get one i can keep it for that long

Chubby Ninja 05-05-2010 05:02 PM

The s2k is a fun car. It is a great platform to build upon. You also might want to think about getting a garage when you get one. They tend to get broken into alot and get seats,gauges, steering wheel, etc. stolen out of em.
Good luck in you hunt!

jsk314 05-10-2010 06:45 PM

^^^yea well i figured id let you know that your actually gonna like it there, i would actually lean towards texas having better hondas than here, only difference is there its bigger cities with more mexican and niggers and white ppl wanting to be mexican and niggers(i am mexican and white so dont start al that racial shit)so you see some of the fastn furious shit, but overall as far as hp numbers and nice setups texas has us beat.

^^^this guy speaks the truth

Method520 05-11-2010 05:51 PM

good to know. but iv been looking all over for a strictly houston forum.. for fuck sake its the 4th largest city in america. i have managed to make acquaintances with 1 person from civicforums who lives in houston, thats about it.

and immortal since when do you know where its at in texas?

JDM Jon 05-12-2010 08:38 PM

nugey1001 05-12-2010 11:23 PM

B16-Integra 05-13-2010 12:09 AM

This thread has been on top of this category forever haha! Just go buy one already!