AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Photography (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   My Project 365 Thread (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=155679)

HondaFreak 08-28-2011 08:17 PM

My Project 365 Thread

Hey guys, so Paul and Brad gave me the idea to start my own thread for my Project 365. I will also be adding random pictures to this thread that are not related to the project. Thanks and I hope you enjoy!

(1/365) Eager for knowledge; intellectually curious- an inquisitive mind.

by , on Flickr

So, I decided to start a Project 365. It's gonna be tough for me because I really don't carry my camera everywhere I go, being the paranoid mess that I am. I will start taking it with me everywhere more often though because I know I can capture some pretty cool stuff.

Not only will this be a challenge for me, but it will inspire me to be more creative and expand my knowledge. Which brings me to my first picture of my 365 project. As the title says, I am very eager to learn new things and am always striving to grow as a person.

Hope you all enjoy, thank you! :)

Bare 430EX II camera left, 1/16 power.
Bare YN460 camera right behind me, 1/64 power.

HondaFreak 08-28-2011 08:18 PM

(2/365) As seen from Earth

by , on Flickr

I never really wrote about my thoughts and what not. I guess I'll be doing more of that with this project. More practice for essays in English at least

Our world is always so hectic. No matter where you go to get away, you never REALLY get away. I am always amazed by the different shapes of clouds and how they resemble materialistic things on Earth, but in reality they are almost the opposite. They seem so peaceful and calm. Any time I have a chance to snap some cool clouds, I'll do it.

Which is what happened with these clouds which I saw as I was driving. I pulled my lens cap off, turned my camera on and took a few pictures and captured the dope formation on the bottom right corner - which is my favorite part of the picture!

Thanks for looking :)

HondaFreak 08-28-2011 08:19 PM

(3/365) Fury.

by , on Flickr

Opposite of what I posted for day 2. Instead of the calm clouds, we now see furious lightning coming from the same calm clouds. Make up a metaphor for that, haha.

Anyways, I was driving home when I kept seeing lightning and I HAD to take this opportunity to catch some lightning shots - which I've never done before. I parked in some nuclear training facility near the freeway, and walked about 1/2 a mile down to get on the freeway overpass. I then sat there and took some shots.

This is a composite of about 5 different images masked together. Pretty simple image but still powerful, in my opinion.

Thanks for looking!

nelsmar 08-28-2011 11:23 PM

I strongly approve of this thread!

I get asked all the time how i learned to shoot. Wanna know how? I did this project. I averaged 1,200 photos a week, and picked my favorite photo of the day, or best descriptive for the day and posted it. It teaches you to find beauty in anything, and work with what you have. I even had a few days where all i had was a cell phone, but i didn't skip. I have been really wanting to start this again because it forces you to be creative / work as hard as you can to produce something of quality. And your skill level sky rockets in the process. I just am afraid i won't be able to squeeze it up to par with the quality i want with my current work.

Keep up the work Andy. In a year your going to be killing everyone.... You've already been doing crazy good as of late! :) And big points on starting with a self portrait, i tried to get one at least every 2-3 weeks if i could just to look back on things. Project 365 was probably one of the best things i did in my life. I am just sad i fell out after something like 6 months. (I was shooting regularly and stopped counting my days and writing a little note on each photo, and one day realized i missed a few days... and it went down hill from there!)

honduh_head 08-29-2011 07:18 AM

badass so far! keep it up man!

HondaFreak 08-29-2011 10:58 AM

(4/365) Flat.

by , on Flickr

This is how I've been feeling lately... flat as a muhfugga. Stuck to my bed.

For the past week I've been falling asleep around 9am and waking up at 5pm. My whole day passes by! Before this, I was trying to sleep around 11pm but I end up waking up at 2am and I can't go back to sleep! WTF! I need to get up and start working out or running or something.

This is two images masked in PS. I used a single 430EX camera right with a snoot to concentrate the light onto my bed.

Thanks for looking! :)

HondaFreak 08-29-2011 11:04 AM

Thanks guys! :)

HondaFreak 08-29-2011 12:12 PM

JDM Jon 08-29-2011 01:16 PM

You've gotten so much better man, keep up the good work.

vtectanner 08-29-2011 10:30 PM

That was one intense "flat" picture lol i like it

HondaFreak 08-30-2011 11:27 PM

(5/365) Bees!

by , on Flickr

So, today I really don't have a great picture to post but I am very excited nonetheless! \(^o^)/

I finally bought the AB1600s that I've been wanting for a while! :D All I need now is the Cybersync trigger and receivers and a Vagabond Mini Lithium battery. After that I'm gonna be beasting with outside strobing! I want to start shooting more cars again. I've been doing plenty of portraits lately.

I'll make sure to have a better picture soon, more interesting at least. I have a few ideas but I don't wanna execute them just yet.

Thanks for looking! :)

nelsmar 08-31-2011 01:05 AM

Baller status time.

die in a dick fire noob 08-31-2011 08:14 AM

ball out son.

HondaFreak 09-01-2011 12:27 AM

(6/365) Tolerant of alternative opinions

by , on Flickr

I feel... enlightened. This is the only way I could think to depict that. Haha!

Basically, I'm open to other opinions even if I disagree with them. That's the only way a person will ever grow. You have to be OPEN MINDED! I am totally open minded for new ideas and am always wanting creative criticism to get better.

Strobist: AB1600 camera left above me at 1/32 power, bounced off of umbrella.
430EX II behind me at 1/32 power for rim light.
YN460 at 1/16 power inside my mouth, bounced around my head and out of my eyes. Lol.

Thanks for looking!

00_ek9coupe 09-01-2011 01:21 AM

loving the pics as always andy :thumbsup:

goose6453 09-01-2011 03:53 AM

sick i like the lightning pic

HondaFreak 09-01-2011 06:51 AM

Thanks guys! I appreciate it!

HondaFreak 09-01-2011 02:53 PM

(7/365) Fly Kicks

by , on Flickr

It's been a week already? Damn, it feels way longer than that. I have so many ideas that have been popping in my head! I'm glad I started this project so I can execute them and practice my processing a lot more.

This shot was just a random idea that came to my head and I wanted to try it out. Basically, they're a couple of my shoes floating around. Not much meaning behind that lol.

Strobist: AB1600 camera right, above me at 1/32 power bounced off umbrella.
430EX II camera left, bare at 1/32 power, shot through umbrella.

Thank you for looking!

apSquidFace 09-01-2011 03:17 PM

edit it with wings on each of the shoes... you can do it.

HondaFreak 09-01-2011 04:32 PM

Do it for me, Kyle. Pwetty pwease!

HondaFreak 09-02-2011 02:40 PM

(8/365) Catch Light

by , on Flickr

It's FRIDAY! :D Not that it matters much to me, but I'm still excited!

Today I'm going to meet a bunch of models that I'll be shooting with next weekend. Pretty exciting. Hopefully I'll get my Vagabond Mini soon so I can start working outdoors with the Bees!

I posted this picture today because it emphasizes my eyes. I love to edit eyes and make them look interesting and powerful. There are certain situations where I can't over-do it, like in this picture, but I think it works in this image. I look super tired!

Strobist: Single AB1600 at 1/32 power directly above me, bounced from umbrella.

Have a good Friday and thank you for following my project!

HondaFreak 09-03-2011 07:31 PM

(9/365) Fun.

by , on Flickr

Damn... I do not remember this picture being taken and I have no idea who took it. But who cares? It was fun last night! :D

It was inevitable for me to post a drunk picture on my project eventually lol.

Thanks for looking!

drift4agze 09-03-2011 07:43 PM

Sweet pictures Andy. Love your work.

Big C 09-03-2011 07:45 PM

Great shots man! Your skills have improved a ton, especially with lighting.

I've always considered the 365 project but with working so many hours I have no idea where I'd find the time to do a creative pic every single day lol. Props to you for giving it a shot.

BTW, that girl Kay is super hot.

dwa_colt45 09-03-2011 07:48 PM

Haha love it! subscribed

00_ek9coupe 09-03-2011 09:12 PM

staying tuned andy :thumbsup:

HondaFreak 09-03-2011 10:50 PM

Thanks dude! That's actually her in the last pic I posted lol. She's a real cool girl.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

HondaFreak 09-04-2011 06:02 PM

(10/365) Paint.

by , on Flickr

I get the urge to go painting some legal walls with my boys at times, but Jeezus it's too effin' HOT! This weather sucks ass especially with no AC in my car.

Anyway, this picture was taken around 5p when the sun was still pretty bright. As you can see, the strobe that I used over-powered the crap out of the sun. And this is why I love my AB1600s! :D

Once I get my Vagabond Mini, best believe I'm gonna be doing work at any time of the day!

Strobist: Bare B1600 camera left at FULL power.

Thanks for looking!

00_ek9coupe 09-04-2011 07:03 PM

best paint to use on walls imo legal or not :p

HondaFreak 09-05-2011 02:52 AM

Stay tuned, guys. My next picture is pretty epic, in my opinion.