AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Road Racing & Auto-X (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Need Advice...Brake Pads... (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76023)

SlowCivicHmm 09-22-2008 03:40 AM

Need Advice...Brake Pads...

I got a few extra bucks for upgrades....

Getting Azenis's this weeek!! yay!! which doesn't leave me much for pads/brakes....

My Current Set Up:
GSR hubs/kunckles/brakes F/R...
Duralast Gold Front (Life Time Warranty lol)
Duralast "Reds" Rear (Life Time Warranty aswell...hehe)
Valvoline Syntec DOT4 Synthetic Fluid
No Heatshileds
Front Brake Ducts
SS Lines
VX Prop Valve
VX Master Cylinder/Booster

I want to change Fluids and Brake Pads....My brakes are actually perfect right now...ask Josh, he moved my car @ PIR (very few drive my car ever...lol) brakes are touchy as hell and stop quick....

I was thinking:
Hawk Blues Front?
But what for rear?? Keep the Duralast??
ATE Super Blue Fluid
Fresh Bleed
New duct tubing w/more direct air to piston/rotor....

I have bout 100 to play with maybe less....yeah I'm a budget Racer....and just to tell ya guys my rear pads actually do wear unlike more honduhs don't know why...lol....maybe prop valve for drum set up??

Help me out....I have ProAuto This week....if my progress looks good by wednesday i'll schedule an alignment Friday morning before work..

Alignment Set up....
-2.5 Front Camber (Currently -1.5)
-2 Rear Camber (Currently -2.5)
+5 Caster (Flipping Arms for +3, traction bars for +2) I"m currently @ +3
1/16th Toe Out Front (Currently 1/32th)
0 Toe Rear

If Not I have NASA the next weekend..but I don't want to miss FIR West....

So help me out....What should I get??

PhoenixB16 09-22-2008 06:12 AM

I've used Axxis ultimates on the tank,and they were great. As light as your car is,you will NOT need anyhting to aggressive.personally,id do the hawks up front and keep the duralasts in the rear.if its working well now,i wouldnt fuck with it to much.

ILIKETODRIVE 09-22-2008 08:46 AM

R-comps > amazing brakes. Since I know you're a budget whore, OEM rotors and Ultimates would suffice.

What I have; OEM pads, BAP rotors, RA-1's. I was braking later than almost everyone that was on street tires.

PhoenixB16 09-22-2008 08:51 AM

Yea now that I think about it Joser you do NOT need the hawk blues,the HPS would be more that enough pad for you.Your brakes work well according to you,so like I said I wouldnt dick with it to much at all.

ILIKETODRIVE 09-22-2008 10:20 AM

x2

That's why I'm just going to turn my sweet BAP rotors and get Ultimates when I need brakes again.

PhoenixB16 09-22-2008 10:24 AM

I love Ultimates!

SlowCivicHmm 09-22-2008 10:42 AM

yeah I can't afford R comp's just yet........

Plus I'd rather keep street tire status for a while longer...learn a lil bit more...plus OPEN diff...hehe....

I've killed a set of Falken 912's....murder'd a set of Kumho Esctas....

Figured I'd kill a set of Azenis, then R Comp's........Azenis's should last me till next May......Fall 09 R Comp's and FULL track only car by then.....or even sooner..

I currently run Autozone $20 Buck Rotors as recommnended by HT RR Forum a while back.....I guess lots of HC guys do the same thing..

rotors = wear item...

SlowCivicHmm 09-22-2008 10:51 AM

No blues?? hmmm

Well I should of mention'd......my pads only really last me the event..if the pads don't "die" then the fluid is TOAST and need a re-bleed to be able to daily drive it...reason for the better fluid....

Keep in mind this car will only be driven once in a while and to and from track......so looking for TRACK ONLY SET UP...reason I was thinking Blues as ROBLES recommended...

1. Ultimates
2. HPS
3. Hawk Blues

I am looking for a set up that I don't have to touch for a while....i'm tired of weekend maintance to track...then re maintance to daily...lol

<---Joser who wants to DRIVE ONLY!!

SlowCivicHmm 09-22-2008 10:52 AM

PS thanks for the info/help guys........TRACK WHORES ROCK!!

Brett come out to ProAuto this weekend if you have time....not sure If I'll run though...

PhoenixB16 09-22-2008 11:05 AM

I can drag the wife with I am sure. time/place?And who is Robles? Think though,if you go TO agressive on the pads you are just going to chew through pads/rotors,and end up doing what you do NOT want to do....constant maintenence

SlowCivicHmm 09-22-2008 11:22 AM

Robles is Phil.....old man Phil in the Phantom Grey EG.....

I think a few honda guys are rolling out to FIR West Sat/Sun....track goes live @ 8am sharpe....

Yeah I know on the too aggressive part, but go too cheap and you'll do the same.....glazzin rotors!! HEAT sucks.....better bads/fluids etc etc that can desipate heat better is what i'm looking for...

HPS might do the trick...FAST BRAKES?? UMS? any connections locally where I don't have to wait for shipping??

PhoenixB16 09-22-2008 11:24 AM

Id talk to J if I were you. Your car is light and has brakes bigger than mine,so you will not need anyhting TOO wild.

Kinetic 09-22-2008 11:34 AM

except for me...I late brake on everbody:tongue:

Hoser-

better tires= better braking......tires are a huge factor in braking. I say HP Plus pads and ATE super blue fluid

THis will hold you over until you are ready to go R comps and Race pads

PhoenixB16 09-22-2008 11:43 AM

You late break on everyone since your rotor is damn near the size of my RIM fool ;)

Tage 09-22-2008 11:50 AM

+1

Also remember to compare apples to apples.

The Hawk and Carbotech line up goes as follows:

HPS / XP6 = semi aggressive street and autox
HP+ / XP8 = aggressive street and autox & light track duty
Black / XP10 = light track duty
Blue / XP12 = Track only recommended
HT-10 / XP14 = oh snap!
DTC60 / XP16 = fook me!
DTC70

Your Durlast pads I doubt would even show up on the scale above. The Axxis Ultimates *might* be comparable to an HPS or XP6. My Hawk Blacks work pretty damn good even when cold so they could be used a a DD pad if you really had to. I'm looking for even more bite though in the front as I still have too much rear brake bias so I'll be going to Hawk Blues next.

SlowCivicHmm 09-22-2008 12:11 PM

Ward, can you get me prces on the HP plus and ATE fluid?? thx.....

azeniz = way more grip than my full street 912's...fo sho!

I want a pad that I dont have to swap till summer 09 basically.....track duty only..

Thx again fellas...

PhoenixB16 09-22-2008 12:14 PM

Dude ant has the HP+ and I LOVE those damn things.Highly reccomended.

BlueTeg 09-22-2008 12:22 PM

I ran the blues for awhile. Great track pad (if you have R-comps) but they would scare me if I had make an emergency stop on the street with them when they are cold.

I really like the Cobalt XR-3's. They replaced the Spec B.
Better bite when they're cold than the Hawk Blues. More linear feel. The Blues felt very "on or off" to me. <---personal experience.

I think that Hawk blues are going to lock your street tires up. Alot.
If you have already bought the Azenis, just go with a mild track pad (Cobalt GTS or Hawk HPS/HP+) so you're not locking the tires up all the time and so you don't have change the pads out twice a month.

PhoenixB16 09-22-2008 12:42 PM

Word. Joser like 5 of us have told you the same damn thing. now DO IT!

SlowCivicHmm 09-22-2008 01:30 PM

already did sir.........ward got the PM....cash in hand!! azenis too!!

Kinetic 09-22-2008 01:36 PM

replied

PhoenixB16 09-22-2008 01:43 PM

I need a suspension BADLY but the cars budget for the year is S H O T. Anyone need any lawn work done? pools cleaned/ lol.

SlowCivicHmm 09-22-2008 02:08 PM

aignt niggguh you jumping in on my territory....

got back to t he lake fish boy!! lol

JoshDC2 09-22-2008 02:58 PM

you better watch out. joser is very territorial. nasa is his market

Tage 09-22-2008 03:00 PM

PM me if you're being serious.

PhoenixB16 09-22-2008 03:10 PM

I'm legal. is Joser? j/k love you Joser!

SlowCivicHmm 09-22-2008 03:13 PM

love you too nigg, just don't deport me.......tech won't be the same without me.....

Azeniz might come from Eric now.....sorry ward....I'll leave ya on stand by..

Pads and Fluids will be order manana....waiting on a homie that might have a set at home for me...hehe

<---budget to the MAX!!

RobHimself 09-25-2008 09:50 AM

Need a steering wheel josebeeee? My old Mugen has been found and you got dibs! Oh yeah, my i/o port cam mount too!

PhoenixB16 09-25-2008 09:54 AM

where the fuck have YOU been?

RobHimself 09-25-2008 10:03 AM

Job went to shit so I moved back up to northern ca, being a drunk on the beach. Something i kick ass at actually