AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   EK Civic (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Front end noise (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=204119)

Sneakyhippo 11-07-2017 08:41 PM

Front end noise

Background, new inner/outer tie-rods, lower balljoints, struts and springs, sway bar end links.

After swapping all those parts, im getting this creek in the front end I cannot locate on my own so i took a video.

This is me jacking up the passenger side of the car with my phone underneath T bracket is tight, rear motor mount is tight, every bolt i can find underneath is tight and being the only person at the house, I cannot jack the car up and be under it.

Broskiballa 12-06-2017 06:15 PM

Something very important worth knowing when performing any bushing or hell, suspension component swap out. Torquing your bushings/ bolts with the weight of your care pre-loaded.

Let me explain, when you have your car in the air, and torque your bolts to spec, you will bind your bushings like no other when you drop the weight of the vehicle back onto the pavement. They rotate, and move to their "static" positions. I learned this the hard way myself, and went through bushings earlier in my honda tuning days. That said, the best thing to purchase is a set of ramps, pull your car onto the ramps, (take all the necessary safety precautions as well). Get under the car, and just slightly loosen all of your recently replaced suspension components. Once all loosen, get out from under the car, and bounce your vehicle a couple of times. Ensure that the bushings, and the weight of the car is properly setting everything into position. Then, torque EVERYTHING with the weight of your car on the ground, to the proper bolt specs.

Try this and see if this aids against your noisy bushings. :) Also, pardon the late response.

cbaracing 12-07-2017 08:55 AM

better late than never ^
:lama:

Sneakyhippo 01-03-2018 05:35 PM

I ended up going back and troubleshooting it down to the steering rack, appreciate the good info!

cbaracing 01-04-2018 08:17 AM

what ended up being wrong with the rack? did you rebuild it?

Sneakyhippo 01-04-2018 01:17 PM

I took the outer tie rods off and turned the wheel side to side and it just makes the creaking noise. I still have it in the car as I am potentially taking on a 95 EG Sedan with a ton of aftermarket parts/restoration project. So I'm just holding off on the HX, until then. The car only gets driven maybe once or twice a week since my wife and i work in the same office, i just take her car.

stin1 01-05-2018 01:41 PM

It creeks when driving? All I here creaking is that janky jack . At least that is what it sounds like. My brother had this aluminum racing jack from harbor freight. Creaked just like that and would walk off the jack point. Thing was down right dangerous. I don't if it was flexing or not rolling .

Sneakyhippo 01-09-2018 05:38 PM

No creaking while driving, if you are sitting and turn the wheel left and right it created the same noise over, I jacked up the car and removed the outer tie rods from the hubs and just moved the steering wheel and the noise was duplicated again.