AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   EF CRX/Civic + DA Integra (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Going...h2b in my crx (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83034)

REDREX 12-03-2008 08:12 AM

Going...h2b in my crx

i have a 2000 civic si swap for my crx im going hydro but ne way i was thinking of selling the b16 keeping the trani and buying the h22 since its so cheap. but here is my questions where can i find the housing for the h2b and i can use the b series axels right? Is this swap hard and is it worth it or should i keep the b16?

crxhfb16 12-03-2008 08:34 AM

I have a F20B in my CRX and it moves and it still needs a tune bad.

hush22@cox.net 12-03-2008 08:46 AM

Ive seen a build thread on Honda-Tech with one havent looked it up in a awhile but I believe its in ef section you should check it out. As far as the swap goes the H22 Makes good stock power and apparently the b-series trans works great with the motor. I dont know the longevity of the swap and its doesnt appear to be a novice endevor.

Are you planning on swapping it yourself?
What are your power exspectations?
What do you want from the swap that you cant do with the B?
These are great questions to ask yourself when suggesting a swap... I call it the "power to wallet ratio"

jfizzzle 12-03-2008 08:49 AM

Haha

comptonasskerry 12-03-2008 01:51 PM

thats going in my sign

Importech Performance 12-07-2008 06:54 AM

If you dont mind hacking up your engine/bay then go for it.

Theres tons of these swaps on HT under the Hybrid section. I know that you have to hack the back of your block to fit the axles AND you have to bang out your bay as well.

But as far as the swap, its a very nice combo for the price.

turboedsupe 12-07-2008 10:23 AM

You dont have to "hack" the block to get the axles to fit. Just shave a little down, this was the scariest part of the swap. I just finished my h2b in my eg but im having clutch problems using the evolution kit. Im pretty sure you dont have to bang or hack your bay at all either. If you use the tricks on honda tech like getting rid of the balance shafts and shaving the crank pulley down you should be good. I didnt have to do any mods to fit it in my eg chasis. I think its worth it i should be in the 12's with a bolt on motor in my car. Also there is no housing to buy, you use a stock b tranny, axles, clutch, starter, and shift linkage. Then a stock h motor you just have to buy either the evolution kit or the qsd kit and it will come with everything needed to install it

fmx_dbc 12-07-2008 10:41 AM

"getting rid of the balance shafts and shaving the crank pulley down" DOES NOT sound like a good idea to me. Ive never done one of these hybrid swaps but any time you play with the crank pulley you are changing the balance of your rotational mass. A slight variance in that balance could be catastrophic. That is the reason I use only OEM crank pulleys that havent been altered. Its cheap insurance for your motor. I dont know what kind of difference an aftermarket aluminum pulley makes, but just the possibility that it isnt just like the OEM pulley is enough reason for me to be scared.

2poor2tune 12-07-2008 01:22 PM

why wouldnt you just have the lighter pulley balanced for extra "insurance"? im pretty sure aem wouldent send out unbalanced pulleys. ctr ftw though if you stay stock

turboedsupe 12-07-2008 02:34 PM

Yes you can get either pulleys but others have had there machined and had no ill side effects. I wouldnt shave mine either and thats the reason i didnt. But the balance shafts are safe to remove, prelude guys have been doing this for years now

fmx_dbc 12-07-2008 10:17 PM

I should specify I know nothing about the H motors...
about the pulleys, Im not saying it is or isnt safe to run an aftermarket crank pulley...I just wont do it on my car