AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   EG Civic/Del Sol + DC Integra (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   My Car Wont Start! (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=126454)

SGoodale 05-18-2010 07:44 PM

My Car Wont Start!

So I was driving and my car revved itself and then bogged down and then shut off while i was driving. I got it to start again to pull it off bell. Then in the parking lot i got it to start and it idled normal and then just died! Now it wont start at all it cranks but nothing! Checked spark plugs and no spark was coming out of the wires.. I have checked fuses. Does anybody have any ideas as to whats going on! Help!

bash_ceballos 05-18-2010 08:19 PM

how did you check for spark?

SGoodale 05-18-2010 08:29 PM

I didn't do it my bf did.. but he pulled up the spark plug wire and put it to a bolt?

Thewall 05-18-2010 08:59 PM

Usually you would want to use a decent length screw driver so it goes into the spark plug boot and enough metal to show so you can see the spark, ark on something i.e. valve cover. The bolt could be good if it was long enough, after you check for spark you want to see if you are getting fuel. I'm sure there is a better way to do this, but I just take off the fuel rail with the injectors attached and watch them spray...I don't do it very long though, just to watch each one spray some fuel. This test could be slightly misleading though, the injectors may spray, but not at the right fuel pressure. You can also check to see if the injectors are good by using a volt meter and measure the resistance across the terminals of the injector. Your main relay might cause your problem as well, it turns on the fuel pump, keeps it on, and powers your injectors.

BoricuaAZ 05-18-2010 09:08 PM

Its a honda thats whats wrong lol jk sounds to me like the main relay went bad.what is it integra ,civic ?year?model?do you hear the combustion sound like it wants to start?do you hear anything at all do you hear any odd?

SGoodale 05-18-2010 09:12 PM

its a 93 civic hatch lol b20 block b16 head. ..yeah it sounds like it wants to start and no nothing odd that i remember lol.

BoricuaAZ 05-18-2010 09:17 PM

ok kool could be your dizzy and your main relay ,also I would check your fuel pressure.Check engine light on?if so see if you can try to pull the code that would probly help you alot

SGoodale 05-18-2010 09:23 PM

okay. and check engine does come on but mostly when I'm on the freeway for some reason. and i tried to do that thing where u make the check engine light blink but it doesn't do it now. so Idk lol

BoricuaAZ 05-18-2010 09:28 PM

lol try reseting your ecu I guess and try to turn it on

SGoodale 05-18-2010 09:38 PM

I tried that.. nothing... =/ i mean it trys to turn on but doesnt lol

BoricuaAZ 05-18-2010 09:45 PM

ok then lets talk about what happend before you had your issue,did you change naything in your car or rev it hard misshift or anything?

SGoodale 05-18-2010 09:50 PM

um nope didnt change anything recently. lol like i said in my first post. i was just driving normally down bell and when i shifted it revved up high then bogged and completely shut off while i was driving. i got it to turn on a couple times and it did the same thing. idled normal then shut off. but now it doesnt turn on at all =( i dont rev it hard cause of this reason and cause my car sounds baaad right now hah but yeah i dunno...

BoricuaAZ 05-18-2010 09:54 PM

I would def check your dizzy,fuel pressure,main relay.If you got a freind iwth same car trade out your ecu but thats a last option.I cant think of anything else for now,anyone else got ideas?

SGoodale 05-18-2010 09:58 PM

well thankyou for trying to help me lol ill check those and see what happens.

KingDingaLing 05-19-2010 10:41 AM

its your dizzy.

imm0rtal 05-19-2010 11:05 AM

x2 my car shut off randomly in the street and it was because the coil was bad. Replaced my dizzy and it ran perfect. If you were in Tucson I have a spare known good dizzy to try

smcdonaldaz 05-20-2010 12:38 PM

x2 on the coil, just chased this intermittent gremlin on my Cherokee for a couple months. Finally got the advice that just because you see a spark does not mean it's a strong spark. I should be bright blue and snap. Don't test at the plug, pull a wire off the dizzy, they are short and easy to see. I swapped coils and she fired right up and runs beautiful. I hadn't realized it wasn't running it's best because it happened over time.

Good luck!

SGoodale 05-21-2010 02:18 PM

I replaced the control module inside the dizzy and it started! =)

thankyou for all ur help..

Dead Bird 05-21-2010 04:57 PM

You're welcome.
:)

smcdonaldaz 05-22-2010 12:07 AM

Excellent! Happy motoring!

BoricuaAZ 06-16-2010 10:00 PM

lol someones looking for some post count lol nice