AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   EG Civic/Del Sol + DC Integra (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   DB Roof Wing? / Third Brake light (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=203395)

Th3 Mugen 06-23-2016 01:29 PM

DB Roof Wing? / Third Brake light

cbaracing 06-23-2016 02:04 PM

i would get a red l.e.d. and put it on the inside of the window if thats the look you are going for.
imo those wing dingy thingys look terrible :icon_redface:

Th3 Mugen 06-23-2016 02:30 PM

I found a tutorial on that Maxima on how to do the third light, but I'm afraid if I put it inside the car it'll reflect too much.
I like certain roof wings, but every one I've seen on an integra doesn't fit the body and sedans look weird with normal trunk wings such as the mugen gen 1/2.
I saw the 300zx one in person going down the road and it looked fantastic.
It's kinda hard to express over text. The sedan has like a bubble to the back window and I just want to even out the side profile a hair.
Example A of my car showing the "bubble"

Chuck Chainz 06-23-2016 03:01 PM

when I my '96 hatch I added a CTR wing with a LED 3rd brake light running across the rear window just under the plastic trim... It looked petty fucking nice too!

Roof thingies aren't my thing either because all the ones I see are all warped and look funky, although the 300zx piece looks good. A nice small subtle one would look, well subtle.

cbaracing 06-23-2016 03:39 PM

the ZX one doesnt look bad. i just dont know how you would pull that off on a four door integra as all aforementioned examples are hatchbacks :all_coholic:

Th3 Mugen 06-23-2016 05:19 PM

All the new cars have the best looking ones! It sucks

Yeah I need to make friends with some zx people and see if anyone has one I can use for mock up

LS-S DA9 06-23-2016 08:33 PM

You are outta your mind! The mugen gen 1 looks like an itr with a gurney flap. The itr on the db looks AWESOME in my opinion. The mugen gen 2 though is not my cup of tea on sedan or hatch and is not comparible to itr or mugen gen 1.

When it comes down to it (looks wise) db NEEDS a wing, the hatch can go wingless all day.

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk

Th3 Mugen 06-23-2016 10:24 PM

I personally think the gen two looks better than gen one, but then again I'm weird, lol. If I had the spare cash I'd go with a carbon fiber trunk and some a way to mold in the password jdm trunk lid

But make it extend into the body.
Then again I want to make my car follow as oem as possible that way at quick glance it looks stock but after you stare at it you notice the all the changes. This year is all suspension based and some exterior. Black suspension so it doesn't get attention, ITR front with a few goodies. So I still gotta figure everything out. :blunt:

Th3 Mugen 08-30-2016 03:02 PM

cbaracing 08-30-2016 04:06 PM

let me guess. is the place called spoiler king? :rflmao:

S!K TEG 08-31-2016 06:15 AM

Just stick an led strip on there from vatozone.

Th3 Mugen 08-31-2016 08:21 AM

Lol. Are they not a good brand? I don't know to much about brands since I keep to myself and my car friends are into Jeeps and old Chevy's.

Yeah but I don't want it to look cheap. I like the modern LED look, but from what I've been reading it'll require a lot more than I was expecting

cbaracing 08-31-2016 11:51 AM

i just saw the water mark on the pictures. i personally know nothing of them but if its made in usa then im all for it :080:

i think you can make it look good. just take your time doing so