AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   ECU/Programming/Electronics (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   coil on plug! with stock Ecu, or any, all cars. (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=192059)

CustomY8 08-06-2013 11:11 AM

coil on plug! with stock Ecu, or any, all cars.

i created a device for coil on plug for anything with a distributor, I'll have more on this topic here soon and everywhere possible, for now please check out what I have, right here in mesa Arizona
I:d3:

king06 08-06-2013 01:00 PM

In for more

CustomY8 08-06-2013 01:55 PM

Clink the link, please share

Hellsinki 08-06-2013 06:41 PM

no offense, but it's absolutely pointless because it retains the distributor. The only advantage of a COP system is individual cylinder spark control..which you don't get because you're using the distributor for a spark signal.

Correct me if there's some other advantage over stock. Also why the felpro box on top of the distributor?

CustomY8 08-07-2013 02:08 PM

Please read the linked thread, I have direct spark, single cylinder fire. The distributor in some way or form must be there because that's where the engine position sensors are located, only way to eliminate the dizzy is by creating your own crank pulley pickups and a way to fit sensors back there, and you still need a cam tdc sensor. So unless you can make your own cams with pickup gears and a crank with pickups and drill your valve cover and block to mount your sensors your stuck with position referencing from the stock dizzy location. This is phase one, adding plug and play coil on plug. Next phase I am redesigning the distributor to be slim, precise, digital and just sexy, similar to how the aem one looks.

CustomY8 08-07-2013 02:27 PM

I've done my home work, I do appreciate your input, but there is more to the ignition system than just the distributor, there is the Ecu, I designed a system to have individual spark, and as strong as todays new cars. What you see in the video was the first hour it ran, I built this thing up from nothing, the unit I put on the car and tested was put together for bench testing purposes only, but just happened to be built strong enough to run on the car for a few hours and drive a couple hundred feet till all the tape fell off lol

CustomY8 08-07-2013 02:32 PM

I don't make allot of money, just enough to survive, I don't have allot of tools, especially for fabricating, but I had an idea and determination, learned all that I could, and designed 4 different circuits, the fourth one got it right. I had waste spark coil on plug on day two, but wasn't satisfied, I wanted direct fire. 6 weeks of no sleep, working, spending time with my wife and kids, and research and development got me where I'm at now.

pr1nc3s5 08-07-2013 05:05 PM

Sounds dope in for furnished product

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

CustomY8 08-07-2013 05:23 PM

I can't wait to make a drive video.

1point8 08-07-2013 05:28 PM

So what's your thoughts about the hondata/aem COP compared to yours etc....

CustomY8 08-07-2013 05:51 PM

They require cutting wires with hondata, locking your alternator into full output, you must be obd1 and running the s300, , must convert back to stock to run through obd2 emissions if that applies to you, and most cases you need to tune of covering obd1 right away, add up the prices for all that, about $2000. Aem, you need their ecu, coil on plug system, run extra writes and find a place for their box and ignition control module, plus tune immediately. About $2000 all said and done. Does that sound plug and play

AZ_CIVIC 08-07-2013 07:11 PM

I would say most people who have a decent setup already run an S300, so the cost for the s300 is not really a factor.

I bought my Hondata CPR setup, brand new coil packs, Billet Aluminum dizzy cover and the T1 coil pack plate cover for $700 bucks all brand new parts.

As far as wiring, it takes about an hour to properly setup.

Not saying your stuff isn't cool or won't work but a CPR unit is not 2000 dollars. Even if you don't own an S300 your looking at $550 and like I said about $700 for everything you need with the CPR unit. Not to mention if you already have gone that far with an S300 and CPR you can then add Hondata Traction control.

With that said I am sure that once you have your stuff done and ready to go, there will be people who will buy it. It is always good to see someone coming up with cool stuff, good job.

Ricer84 08-07-2013 08:04 PM

did you re-tune the car yet? Im thinking about running the same set up, on a b18c5 . (Hondata s300 and CPR)

AZ_CIVIC 08-07-2013 08:30 PM

Shoot, I've had Joe tune my car probably 5 times this year already, it will be getting tuned again in late sept. Only because I am swapping cams out. But yeah I personally like the s300, CPR and traction control.

CustomY8 08-07-2013 08:47 PM

I bought my s300 ecu for $700, obd1 adapter harness $40, cpr unit $400, could are $60 each, that's about I could price at Honda and in most cases a tune needed to when drive the car safely, $350-800.

CustomY8 08-07-2013 08:49 PM

And Hondata says to expect longer than average cranking times, is a race part, mine starts at least as fast, if not faster as any normal Honda would

CustomY8 08-14-2013 01:21 AM

You can still have your Hondata traction control, run any Honda ecu and tuning program you want, including obd2 as I currently am, no modding needed, plug and play baby!

CustomY8 08-16-2013 04:49 PM

100 trouble free miles, running perfect and strong so far, in the heat of summer arizona

CustomY8 08-19-2013 09:38 PM

250 trouble free miles, just passed emissions today on my obd2b 99 crv with my coil on plug system.

king06 08-19-2013 11:09 PM

I love this. I had to replace three ignitors/modules on a completely stock b16. Its getting old, good solution. And this could be used with any engine management system right?

CustomY8 08-19-2013 11:18 PM

I want you guys to experience this, 88 miles on this tank and still over 3/4 tank and 82 of these miles are with ac on the entire time with the kids in the car, and allot of idling while waiting at emissions today and eating mcdonalds in the parking lot afterwards, I don't doddle around either, I built this crv to be quick and fun. In order to make these sellable I need to patent it first, I have a patent pending created, but need the dough to complete the records, if all that see this donated just 1 to a few dollars, it can happen fast.I can make these in just a matter of days, or a few months for real product line production. Looking for investors and solid connections.

CustomY8 08-19-2013 11:25 PM

Sweet thing is that my system does exactly what the rest do, at a fraction of the cost, and just as tuneable on any obd1 or obd0 software you want. I personally enjoy having my factory calibrated obd2 Ecu watching my engines knock and other data, it's good to know I can keep pilling on my power adders till im ready to tune, and be fairly close to safe as possible without tune.

CustomY8 09-03-2013 02:06 AM

1000 miles on the prototype and running awesome, test unit number 2 just completed, smaller, on one board and less parts, the chip weighs in at 2x2 inches, and that's hand made with large components, coil on plug will be as simple as replacing your factory ignition coil. Hope you guys are excited, you know k series coils are good up to 700hp! And my system is so much more smother than the stock dizzy setup with better acceleration, more power across the entire rpm range and better gas mileage. :drive:

CustomY8 09-03-2013 02:07 AM

1000 miles on the prototype and running awesome, test unit number 2 just completed, smaller, on one board and less parts, the chip weighs in at 2x2 inches, and that's hand made with large components, coil on plug will be as simple as replacing your factory ignition coil. Hope you guys are excited, you know k series coils are good up to 700hp! And my system is so much more smother than the stock dizzy setup with better acceleration, more power across the entire rpm range and better gas mileage. :drive:

onefst91hatch 09-03-2013 11:59 AM

I want one. Right now. Lol. Ill be a tester with my high hp turbo si.

LS-S DA9 09-03-2013 12:37 PM

X2 tired of dizzy screws backing out lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

CustomY8 09-04-2013 07:12 PM

1990db1 09-05-2013 02:23 AM

Damn dude thats fucking awesome. this kind of a setup will work on damn near anything with a distributor wont it? Since the box is just translating the distributor pulses into a timing sequence for firing the coils right?

Whats really awesome is I have an Olit spark plug cover that would be perfect to use for a cop setup. Would make it really easy to hide the harness. That would really freak people out seeing a bare distributor cap haha. Im reading your main thread right now. Good stuff in there

Sent from my SPH-L900 using JellyBombed Tapatalk 2

CustomY8 09-05-2013 10:59 AM

I can design it to work on anything with a dizzy, ecu or mechanical controlled.

CustomY8 09-05-2013 12:35 PM

I can design it to work on anything with a dizzy, ecu or mechanical controlled.