AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Welding and Fabrication (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   teach me how to weld (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=188265)

quikRS 04-04-2013 10:58 PM

teach me how to weld

So im looking to fix a couple of cracked headers. Would like to know if someone here would be willing to teach me how to weld. If you have a shop I'd be willing to help around the shop, and of course I would pay for my supplies. Looking to learn asap, thanks.

Jason.AZ1 04-04-2013 11:01 PM

His name is Sean tell him Cedric sent you mention azht discount
602-702-8267

pr1nc3s5 04-04-2013 11:12 PM

He knows Sean I hear he does QUALITY WORK!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

91Crx-SiR 04-04-2013 11:23 PM

Can sean teach me how to dougie?

MIRANDA88 04-04-2013 11:39 PM

Shawnie can teach you how to powershift rofl hahahaa

MADJDM 04-05-2013 12:25 AM

He can also teach you how to street race with no cage!!

advert 04-10-2013 10:41 PM

do you have any experience at all?

what type of welding are you trying to learn?

for headers I guessing you want to learn to TIG.

I MIGHT be willing to help, I will not waste my time trying to teach you. some people either have it in them or they don't. I would have to see how motivated you are and well if you have it in you are not. some people are welders, some people just never will be no matter how long they try.

Dedspool Superior Tuned 04-11-2013 10:00 PM

Hey advert did you go in to any schooling or any advice starting up?

Or what set ups to purchase for a first timer.

advert 04-11-2013 11:23 PM

I started welding when i was 16 ( 12 years ago) with a little flux core POS welder. i was just doing odd job stuff like a gate for the neighbor and stuff like that. as time went on i started doing stuff on my car but nothing too big....

but then the off road scene hit me like a brick! i started doing a lot of my own work on my truck and fabricating parts for that. i started to get a real love for it and did a lot of work for friends and such. one day i just jumped all the way in and dropped some coin and bought the best tig i could find at the time for the money, which happened to be a syncrowave 250. I know had this monster of a machine that i had to learn how to use! I just dove all the way in and love it. Each time you do something you get better its a great feeling, i stay busy with it a side job now and its a great source of extra cash.

for starting equipment it really depends on what you want to do. i use to own a really nice mig welder that would do anything i wanted, but it still was not enough. now all i do is tig and its the way to go.

Tig for the first time welding is very hard to learn, there is a lot going on but it can be done. i think think the best advice is to buy the biggest baddest welder you can afford cause you will want the power some day. and if it does not work out for, hey at least you tried and you can always sell the machine they dont really lose value.

Dedspool Superior Tuned 04-12-2013 07:13 PM

Awesome thanks for the help. Im not sure how i want to go about pucking up this new skill but what i do know is i really wantto learn. Also, how is the pay here in az for welders? If too personal you dont have to answer.

Thanks again

kguerrero 04-12-2013 07:51 PM

I would assume Pay depends on what your doing and how bad the company needs your skills.

quikRS 04-13-2013 11:13 PM

no experience, never even tried it.

If TIG is what I need to learn that is cool for me. I definetly understand what you are saying and appreciate someone who would be willing to say "your not good at it" thats fine in my book. At the same time I hope you would understand that it would be my first time at it. If your offer still stands , lmk. Thanks.

Eric

advert 04-15-2013 10:59 AM

welding is not my primary job, I do everything on the side and charge what i want. I feel that i am worth it and charge a pretty penny. no one has said no yet.

I work in the garage almost every night.

I can have you over one of these nights next week if you would like.

I am out in surprise.

quikRS 04-22-2013 06:54 PM

pm sent

Koopa Troopa 04-28-2013 08:44 PM

I can teach you but you need to supply everything.

Pay for welding jobs in Arizona is garbage. Saw a job listing for TIG, read like this,

Looking for experienced TIG welders
Must have at minimum 8 years experience
Smoke free work environment
Pay is $15 an hour

If you want to get paid for welding, leave this state and move to the midwest.