AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Wheel / Tire / Suspension (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Warning DISCOUNT TIRE Warning (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=137272)

S.M.91cb7 10-28-2010 08:44 AM

Warning DISCOUNT TIRE Warning

Tucson peeps don't go to the discount tire. I took my car there on 2 seperate occasions for tires and they put nasty scratches and dings in my polished lip. I will never give them service again nor will I recommend them to anybody

crxhfb16 10-28-2010 08:55 AM

i stopped going there after they ripped my oil pan off trying to drive it onto a lift

F YouR K 10-28-2010 10:11 AM

thats not good I will freak out with those mofos ^^^^^^^

Rufus 10-28-2010 11:04 AM

They always scratched my 19's. It's the clamps on that damn machine.

S.M.91cb7 10-29-2010 06:51 AM

Ya im really not happy when them. I will never give them service or refer people to them

kustom play 10-29-2010 06:53 AM

they lost my lug key, i made them buy me a new one.

I would never go to discount tire

DarkAngel 10-31-2010 03:05 AM

I never had a problem with them. Then again I have only gone there twice. Pepboys has always taken good care of my cars and wheels. Unbelievably the Walmart thats closest to me has been the best tire service place I have ever gone too and the price was unbeatable for remounting and balancing.

I will never go to the Sears Tire Center on Broadway at the Park Place Mall though. After finishing mounting my brand new wheels and tires from them, guy backed up from over the lift and literally ripped my lower splash gaured off. I saw it happen too through the window. Guys were in a panic as I saw it happen and made a big stink about it. They agreed to order me a new one at no charge from Acura. Later the same night while driving home my A/C and Power Steering went out. Yup, because of the ripping of the lower splash gaurd, it made contact with the belts and heated the belts to the point of almost breaking. They snapped while driving home. When I looked over the original splash gaurd, it had the marks of the crank pulley where it made contact. I bought the belts and took the receipts back to them when I picked up my splash gaurd and showed them the marks on the gaurd. They refunded me all my money. Saved them on labor too because I did it and not a shop. Anyways never will go to that one again.

1sickaccord 10-31-2010 09:06 AM

well i work at a discount tire one question i have did you tell them? because I'm sure they would have fixed for you and not have given you any problems. shit happens we scratch stuff we brake stuff but we always make it right.

philycheese666 10-31-2010 09:11 AM

How is that a good defense?:samuri:

KingDingaLing 10-31-2010 09:39 AM

maybe they didnt like you lol, i go to discount all the time. maybe you as the owner should of stressed to them to not fuck up the wheels or you will make them pay for them. all of my tires get installed at discount and never have a problem, multiple sets of wheels. advan RG, sprint hart cp, sprint hart cpf, mugen rnr, 2 sets of ssr dori dori wheels. each time i stressed not to fuck them up. each time they came back perfect.

SNOAH 10-31-2010 10:20 AM

I work at discount up in flag. you shouldn't have to tell the guys up front to let them know to be careful but it's a good idea. we have a lot of idiots that know nothing about cars. We have caps for the clamps that they should put on to avoid scratching, they should know by looking at the car if its to low to pull on a lift, and they should not use the grinders to get all the debris off the inside lip to make the weights stick so close to the outside lip. DO stress to them to be careful cause I have seen it all happen and if something does happen tell them to fix it. I hope that this helps anyone who tries to go there and if you find a better price somewhere else or even on the internet bring it in and they are supposed to atleast match if not beat it

the_serg 10-31-2010 10:54 AM

Thanks for the advise. I was planning to take my car there. but not any more.

JDM Jon 10-31-2010 11:11 AM

Which one did you go to?
A lot of the stores have guys that aren't so experienced doing rims they shouldn't be doing which is the problem.
I mount all kinds of rims at my store but there's hardly ever a time where I trust some of the other dudes to do the same depending on the rim. You have to know the right people.

Sorry to hear that man, I wouldn't have scratched your rims.

jdmman 10-31-2010 12:36 PM

this isn't a bad idea, and if anything happens then demand they do something about it. but then again i wouldnt want anything happening to my wheels....even if they fix it later

DC2FTW 10-31-2010 02:04 PM

i have had excellent experiences at both stores on ina and the one at oracle and prince. but the same doods have been working there forever and they usually have me pull my car on the lift

Fundillo 10-31-2010 04:37 PM

jon teaches me errthang he knows :)
p.s. i put my 205/40s on my 8.5 the other day lol all by myselfs! gold star for me?

*inFamous* 10-31-2010 05:18 PM

Eh the one I go to by my house is real cool. They let me walk back with the tech when they are mounting tires on my BBS.

And they are smart enough for me to rack my own car so not to damage it :)

S.M.91cb7 10-31-2010 05:47 PM

yes i told them. and they had their guy come out and re-surface my lip. but thats besides the point. try no to fuck shit up n the first place, and i understand shit happens

JDM Jon 10-31-2010 06:17 PM

You did? Yeeeeeeeeee! See it wasn't that bad huh haha.

CobraKai 10-31-2010 06:28 PM

I work at a Discount in Gilbert and whenever a low or lowered car comes in, I pull it in on the flat bay and use the Low pro jacks to jack it up on the lifting points. Idk when I didn't work for them, I always used to walk out there w/ my car and watch them like a hawk so they didn't fuck anything up, b/c lets face it, there are going to be new guys there occasionally and when in training they can't know everything that needs to be done. We do have those lip protectors on there, when the wheel is a reverse mount wheel. I can't defend that store, since I don't know the guys that work there, but at mine, we've got a lot of mechanically inclined dudes and a lot have custom cars so they know when to use those rim protectors. Sucks you had that experience w/ them

gunsup0331 10-31-2010 06:45 PM

my main problem with Discount Tire is the arrogant fuckin attitude i get from those fucks. Ill tell em some very specific shit i want done with my tires or come in with a problem and they give me this condescending look like i dont know what im talking about. Few weeks ago I got some new tires they ended up with a vibration and i took it back in. I was makin small talk with the guy and i was guessin at what couldve resulted in an imbalance when both tires were so new. I suggested a few common tech mistakes and he chuckled and put on this smirk and said "well i doubt its that." So ive had enough of his punk attitude and start asking him what else it could be, and getting very specific and technical. And then mentioned I worked at that very store long before he did, oh and im ASE certified in wheels/tires, oh and im Ford certified in NVH, etc, etc, etc. He looked like he was about to cry and the best part was when the tech came out and told both of us exactly what i had said it was causing the imbalance. hehehe

More hating: And when i make a complaint they just sit and look at me blankly, or even start an argument which happened at the Dobson and Pennington store. After denying his tech was "snap torquing" my lugs, I had to sit and spend 15 minutes explaining to this fuckoff every reason I was more knowledgable than anyone at his store on tires, wheels, suspension, life, and torque wrenches. Then i went on to explain that his shitty click wrenches have 4% accuracy variation which for some reason he did not like or even comprehend. Nowadays I only go to certain Discounts and only talk to one or two ppl there. And if its a lowered car, low pros, or anything special i will be sure to be out in the bays watyching like a hawk. My favorite place for tire service is Purcell's. Those ppl are always friendly and bend over backwards for me. Theres dudes who work for Discount who see me walk in the door and literally are afraid to help me nowadays and will ask other ppl to help me.

Discount banks on the average joe with average cars. When i worked there, we loved the challenge of putting baller rims on baller cars and took pride in our work, which brought a lot of high-end business. Nowadays they are afraid to work on anything nice because they are punk bitches who think their shit doesnt stink and their techs are idiots.

jdmman 10-31-2010 07:11 PM

Damn Skippy :2cool:

Daddy_Digital 10-31-2010 07:26 PM

i dont like the arrogant attitude the peeps at discount, or any big name tire shop has. i took my car to discount cus i couldnt take a lug nut off. they sent me to a mechanic shop cus they coudlnt do it. bull shit. they didnt wanna do it. fuck discount tires.

nyenye09 11-23-2010 11:49 AM

I know this is old but hey, the Discount Tire in tucson on Tanque Verde i thought was good! woke up one morning with a flat, being new to tucson i just put spare and went and googled tire shops near me (Sabino Canyon Area) and that Discount Tire was the nearest, i called them up and they said bring it in. So, i went in the guy checked my tire and said come in and wait for a few, the tire tech drove my car in and he came out after looking at it, said it was a tiny little hole, that a patch will do, so he patched it then offerd to check all my other tires and then he even rotated them for me, for free lol thought that was cool.. so good for me! atleast that one..

stevenr816 11-23-2010 12:30 PM

ive always had good experience with them, the one at 43rd and glendale. talk to steve if you go in he always hooked me up

Slo_sohc 11-23-2010 01:14 PM

i will never go there again either, the idiot who sold me the tire warranty told me that it covers alighnment wear and when i went to have my tire changed my warranty all of a sudden didnt cover alighnment wear plus they scratched the hell out of my lip on my hx's i had as well. waste of $$ dontcha think?

taketurns 02-10-2011 11:26 PM

I know this thread is 2 months old, but i wanted to add to it.

I have mostly had great experiences with Discount. They always match my prices on any tire for any vehicle I have brought there. I have like 11 vehicles on my account.

Anyway, I had just gotten some wheel's painted and I waited a week for them to source 4 RT615's, they gave me a smokin deal (well under $400 m&b) so I didn't mind waiting, car was on jackstands in the garage waiting for a motor to arrive anyway.

So the tires come in, I take the wheels down there. Not only did they put on the wrong tires (Like ziex-512's or something), they fucking put hammer on weights on the OUTSIDE lip and totally fucked up the paint. I was super pissed when I saw them, ended up getting the tires for $200 out the door, kinda made up for it but meh.

Other than that discount has been great. Big-O is the worst place I've ever been, next to Purcells.

DC2 CRUSHER 03-24-2011 08:42 PM

yeah some are plain right idiots n unexperience with attitude! i heard one of them saying this "another day at work n i hate it f*ck" DAAAM SLAP THAT SH*T OUT OF THEM!

itr 04-07-2011 03:10 PM

Bring your wheels to me next time I work at jack furriers ill hook you up and make sure your wheels don't get damaged I've been doin this stuff for a good 5 to 6 years now ask rokaz hooked him up on a set of hankooks

g2integy 04-15-2011 12:04 PM

Already did a thread on this a year or so ago. I will not and I mean never in my life even if I a stranded in a town with only one place to get tires and that would be Discount. Id push my car to the next town. Even if you tell them to be carefull they still knick your rims. I take my car to a local hispanic shop and they take care of the rims and tires. Shit pay 80+ for knicked rims and dont even say they warranty or go to someone who has been doing it all there lives and take care of the customer for 45 mount, balance and stems. Who would you choose?