AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Health & Fitness (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Best diet to produce high energy? (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=164479)

xUNDEADxCIVICx 01-26-2012 06:31 PM

Best diet to produce high energy?

I'll ask those of you that actually know your nutrition and what not, what would be the best daily diet to help produce more energy throughout the day without having to load up on caffeine like i do currently. i dont think 5+ cups of coffee every hour is too good on my body.

Spec C 01-26-2012 06:38 PM

What are you eating currently?

Are you getting adequate sleep? And quality sleep?

Stress?

You literally drink 5 cups of coffee an hour? That amount of caffeine coupled with some other factors can majorly stress your adrenals, leading you to feel tired all the time. Kind of a viscous cycle of drink more coffee to stay awake, and keep furthering the problem.

xUNDEADxCIVICx 01-27-2012 12:34 AM

currently i havent been eating much of anything, but thats mostly due to stress and anxiety issues, and the fact that i have a complex about getting fact so i tend to fast for days at a time. plus i take tramadol prescribed for nerve damage in my back. right now i weigh between 120-125lbs, my weight constantly fluctuates, i usually get 6-8 hours of sleep every night, and on a typical day i will eat small snacks/meals throughout the day rather than eating more than i feel i need to. food tends to include some type of meat for protein and a bread product for carbs. i dont normally eat any sugars or diary because they tend to give me headaches and mess with my moods.

Spec C 01-27-2012 07:16 AM

Not surprising you have stress issues. Imo i would start tapering down coffee/caff. Consumption slowly. Believe it or not but if you were really consuming over 500-1000+mg of caff a day you are going to likely have withdrawls from it. Headaches, lethargy, etc. But really it is just further adding to your problems.

Another thing to consider is not consuming carbs at every feeding. People with poor insulin sensitivity tend to get tired after carb containing meals. Possibly try and stick to protein and fat meals and later in the day like for dinner get some carbs in.

Fasting can be fine if implemented correctly. For instance if you fast until 1pm have a feeding, eat again at 6, maybe a larger meal here, then another snack around 9 and begin fasting. Most people will typically feel more energized during the fast. However we arent talking fasting for days at a time.

Lastly have you been eating at a severly restricted calorie level for a long time? This can really further stress, already stressed adrenals. Reduced thyroid function, puts added stress on them, creating more and more issues.

It sounds to me you have a few contributing factors to your issues. I would start ttying to heal your adrenals asap as without that this is all futile. You are going to have to make some lifestyle changes.

Do you typically eat late at night?

Hope that helps.

Dsquared Upholstery 01-27-2012 07:54 AM

What's the root of your issue with getting fat? Also, what do you ideally want to look like?

Bruticus 02-11-2012 02:49 AM

I would dump caffeine altogether, consuming any sugar with caffeine cancels out any benefit caffeine could provide anyway. Get off grains and use fruit as your carb source.

Dsquared Upholstery 02-11-2012 05:53 PM

Ive never heard of fruit as a solid carb source. I dont see anything wrong with some good 9 grain bread here and there. I prefer rice as my main carb source

j-dizzle 02-15-2012 11:56 AM

theres a difference between putting on mass and getting fat.. if your worried about both its gonna be hard for you to do much of anything.. dont be afraid to put on mass..

Japon7490 02-26-2012 12:09 AM

woah this is good stuff, (btw, if im spsd to start my own thread or what not, plz let me know, im new to AZHT)
SO about getting tired after a meal; that HAPPENS to me almost every time. I have to do a lot of book work for skoo and its really a pain to try and concentrate after a big meal. I am a heavy eater, but im really skinny. I like to work out, and i think my sleep is shitty, i keep waking up 4 hours-or-so at a time. Any advice? More protein intake? I don't drink coffee and sodas. (due to conditioning back in hS)... so what shud i do? i appreciate the tips!

Janouk 04-05-2012 09:26 AM

Eat whole grains whenever possible. Whole grains are one of the best sources for the full spectrum of the key vitamins for energy generation, especially the B-vitamins.
Include a good source of protein with each meal, especially during the first half of the day. Good dietary sources of protein include fish, eggs, and venison.

Dsquared Upholstery 04-10-2012 01:38 PM

Hate to start off with negativity but weight is a simple formula, calories in vs calories out. If you are a heavy eater you wouldn't be skinny.

Moving on, no one can give you advice on your diet if we cannot see your diet.

Dsquared Upholstery 04-10-2012 01:39 PM

shut your face