AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Car & Home Audio (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Sound Advice (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=194411)

Dsquared Upholstery 11-13-2013 02:43 PM

Sound Advice

I bought a civic with a new head unit, sub, amp and upgraded rear speakers. The problem is, it sounds UBER shitty. The sub can pound pretty decent but the clarity isn't what I would consider even decent. I want a nice hit but clarity is more important than anything else for me.

On top of that, I pick up literally no high notes whatsoever and there is a very small amount of sound that comes out until is crank it up to 40, at 50 it gets crackly.

Another thing is that annoying rattling, I've heard people talk about dynamat but I don't know if adding that in my trunk would make a better sound to justify the cost.

I'm looking for really clear sound quality and have a budget of around 500 bucks to get it accomplished.

If I can get any feedback that'd be great.

failedabortion 11-14-2013 11:56 AM

Components for the front and a 4ch amp.

You can use double sided tape and poly fill to get rid of rattles along with making sure things are bolted down/adjusted(trunk latch ie).

Have someone set the gains, filters and eq correctly.

taintschwacker 11-14-2013 12:13 PM

Failed abortion nailed it for the interior. Also try and find speaker buckets to add to the rear that way the sound from the rear will reverb back into the interior and the bass from the sub will minimally interfere with the rear speakers. Sub wise get a lower watt rated sub with a ported box. Ported box will give you more of a bass note range over sealed or bandpass. Lower wattage sub will require less to move the sub at lower volume, the foam ring wont need alot of watts to move the sub. Alpine type s are nice with a nice price tag.

Dsquared Upholstery 11-14-2013 12:19 PM

Thanks for the advice. Ill post once its done, Sound Vibration is going to help me with install

eg6auto 11-17-2013 12:54 PM

What size and how many interior speakers are you running? also, very cheap but works and looks the same as sound dampening mat, is roofing rolls from home depot or lowes. Can also line inside corners of sub box with kitty hair, it's better than bondo.

failedabortion 11-20-2013 10:44 PM

Roofing rolls smell like ass and unless you are very anal when doing the prep they can peel off in the summer here.

Epoxy works better than bondo.

Dsquared Upholstery 02-27-2014 09:28 AM

Does anyone do installs? I want my car to have a badass system bit I fear getting jipped by a professional shop or buying a lousy setup and messing up the install myself. I have a healthy budget for this and I'd like it done within the next few weeks.

Fix.it.again.Tony 02-27-2014 03:09 PM

failed abortion is quite good and meticulous with installs, I'd trust him with any of my vehicles

Dsquared Upholstery 03-12-2014 08:16 AM

Thanks Psy, I hit Failed up and the plan is to have him do the work. I'm waiting on a quote but he seems like a reasonable person so will do quality work and not price gouge.