AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   EF CRX/Civic + DA Integra (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   obd0 to 0bd1 questions (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=201278)

suicideracing13 05-10-2015 07:50 AM

obd0 to 0bd1 questions

OK so I was wondering if anyone has used the rywire jumper harness? Aside from everything else I was wondering for the injectors does it use the obdo injector location so i just plug and play? I know I have to delete risitor box and change clips, since I didn't see anything about repinning them I'm assuming that's what it does I just wanted to be sure. Thanks guys

die in a dick fire noob 05-11-2015 07:22 AM

the harness is already setup to wire those to the correct place, the only thing you are adding is the stuff that your obd0 car didn't have, 4 wire o2, vtec if necessary, etc...

you can use whatever injectors you like provided you use the proper resistor box setup, either a resistor box or not. If you wish to use the injectors that came with the obd0 car, you leave the resistor box. if you wish to use injectors from a 92-2000 civic you delete the resistor box.

suicideracing13 05-11-2015 05:57 PM

Thanks man your always a help. You've answered a lot of questions for me in the past. All your input was 100% right on thanks again

LS-S DA9 05-11-2015 06:40 PM

Don't hack the harness either. The resistor box connection is probably not in the factory location. They eliminate alot of wiring that way

suicideracing13 05-11-2015 11:41 PM

I converted it to multi point so just gonna put obd1 clip or solder together

LS-S DA9 05-11-2015 11:43 PM

Huh? Converted to multi point?

die in a dick fire noob 05-12-2015 08:11 PM

if you don't know what that means why are you trying to help him?

LS-S DA9 05-12-2015 08:23 PM

Cause I was thinking backwards till just now... I was thinking dual point lol never had to deal with that aspect and had a brain fart.. also I have a rywire harness, and I have done a resistor delete....
the resistor box/plug is not there so it's not as easy as a stock harness..
And reading this again why not leave the injectors as is? Save time and money..

die in a dick fire noob 05-12-2015 09:09 PM

The resistor plug/box not being stock makes it easier in my opinion,, you're just gathering wires at that point. But if he has injectors that use a resistor box already there most definitely isn't a reason to change them out and do all that wiring if they are the same flow rate.

suicideracing13 05-13-2015 12:33 AM

So if i leave them i wont have to mess with nothing? And i may go different later but i can always change them

die in a dick fire noob 05-13-2015 09:30 AM

correct, if you car is currently running mpfi with injectors that require a resistor box, changing to an obd1 computer doesn't require you to change injectors. There are several obd1 honda cars that used injectors with a resistor box, 92-93 accords and integras, 94-97 accords, 92-96 preludes, 95-97 oddyseys.

A lot of aftermarket injectors are low impedance also and require a resistor box.

I'm assuming you currently have injectors with a resistor box as most of the time people do an mpfi swap they go straight for stock obd0 ef or da parts for the job. One of the times i did this i went straight from dpfi-mpfi-obd1 and it was a nightmare, if you have already done the mpfi and it's running you should be in good shape. My point of issue was the distributor wiring as it was an aftermarket distributor with different colors than the factors distributor on the wire harness.

suicideracing13 05-13-2015 10:55 AM

Aaaahhhh. I see yea sounds like my obd1 swap got easier. All i need is ecu jumper and I will be golden. Dizzy clips I'll probably change or buy jumpers