AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Accord + Prelude (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   8th gen accord talk (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=193882)

Wafflestomp 10-20-2013 05:22 PM

8th gen accord talk

1 Month since I joined the forum, and I've learned a great deal. That being said, there were a few things I have not been able to find on my own. I have the 8th gen Accord ex-l sedan. Been looking into exhausts and I've come to the conclusion not to go with a kit designed for the coupe. Many people have said it is fairly simple after extending the midpipe a bit to fit the sedan. This would defeat the purpose of the kit entirely in my opinion though. So, custom it is.

I'm quite sure I will be going with 2.75 piping, but haven't decided on the muffler yet. And of course, I don't want to pick one up from the shop that does the work. Any 8th gen peeps out there that can lend me some insight? Or maybe even a kit designed specifically for the sedan?(unlikely) As always, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys! My apologies if this should have been posted in the accord/lude section.

-Corey

CobraKai 10-21-2013 01:32 AM

An Apexi WS2 muffler would sound really good. I've got that catback on my 93 accord coupe. Even my friends with BMWs and STi like the way it sounds. No rasp or any drone.

But make sure you add a resonator. The one on my catback is about 22" long in addition to the muffler that's almost 20" long...thats partly why its so quiet and chill when crusing on the highway, then nice and throaty when you get on it. But I think the dual cams of the h22 helps bring the tone to a deeper level as well.

Wafflestomp 10-21-2013 03:20 PM

I appreciate the response man! the 70mm on the WS2 would make it a rather perfect fit. Too bad I can't find any videos of an 8th gen with it. Would a high flow cat be a necessity with the WS2? And what are your thoughts on the high flow vs oval universal?. Definitely something I need to keep in mind.
From what I've seen, I like the fact that it's more quiet than the usual aftermarket

CobraKai 10-24-2013 03:31 PM

yeah you definitely want to keep with a cat. without it, it'll sound raspy and give you a headache.

I've got a magnaflow universal cat on mine...seems to work well

HiTek151 11-11-2013 04:03 PM

Ex-l sedan V6 or i4? The auto sedans aren't worth modding, there's a reason there isn't much aftermarket support for them. Don't think they ever made a 6-6 for the 8th gen sedans. I say get mufflers if you really want the noise.

Wafflestomp 01-01-2014 04:00 PM

i4 Ex-l. And yeah, it is auto. And it's never ideal to mod auto vs manual with our cars pretty much! Just adding a little personality to my daily. Picked up an Apexi WS2 high flow, as well as the greddy intake kit. Going to 2.75 piping with my fingers crossed! Will be posting a short youtube vid as reference for others. Sorry for the late reply, haven't been on in a while.