Go Back   AZHT.net > Misc Forums > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness Health & Fitness Discussion

Old 10-29-2011, 07:14 AM   #61
nelsmar
no homo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec C View Post
What Trutein did you roll with?

Lol my memory is bad as I talk diet with about 25 people a day.
rofl understood. I grabbed a tin of chocolate banana, and chocolate peanuts butter. They didn't have a 2.5lb tin of the cinnabun from the shop i ordered from. I'll give it a try next month when i restock. I didn't wanna order 5lb of it and be "meh" on it. Then again... I've never wasted protein. I don't really bother with samples these days they are all good enough flavor / texture that i just order 2-3lb and go for it, even if its "meh".

My flickr
Canibeat
Local magazine scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by dridge11
I think more lessons should be taught with crossbows. Now that kid knows throwing rocks at cars is a bad idea and will get you impaled.
nelsmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:22 AM   #62
Spec C

Ahh got ya. Choc Pb is probably my least favorite flavor. It is still good, but I am just burned out on Choc. Vanilla, and Cinn for me is where it is at. And I can't wait for my damn Banana Cream to come, as my friend who got his already, said it is killer.

I have a sample of the Choc Banana coming, I am curious to try it/hear your thoughts on it.
Spec C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:27 AM   #63
nelsmar
no homo

i'll post back here when i get it, i think it comes in Monday. And I feel you, I'm pretty burnt on Choc. but Choc + Peanut butter mmm thats what i have richt now in syntha6 i just love how it tastes so i ended up ordering a5lb tin a while back (back when i used to be active lifting) as more of a treat based protein.

My flickr
Canibeat
Local magazine scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by dridge11
I think more lessons should be taught with crossbows. Now that kid knows throwing rocks at cars is a bad idea and will get you impaled.
nelsmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:10 AM   #64
Spec C

You want some awesome "treat" protein look into UltraPeptide 2.0. Shit is amazing..lol

but the trutein cinnamon bun, is actually better then theirs.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:57 AM   #65
rosspetersonn

As per my overview, Banana cream sounds good. I had some plain chocolate with some oatmeal this morning and it wasnt bad. In not a big chocolate person though. But i made a chocolate covered banana shake and it was bomb though.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:29 PM   #66
Waffle_Taco

take protien and eat lots of chicken and did i say more protien
Waffle_Taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:06 PM   #67
skar1.0

So I am unsure as to how much protein I should be taking in and before I adjust my diet I want to be sure I am on point as far as protein intake, is it one gram per pound of body weight? Or body mass? I currently have a shake with approximately 50g of protein after working out. Breakfast consists of cereal, yogurt cup, bottle of water before school around 8am, granola bar, water or iced tea at 10am, then big gap before I eat on my break at work around 6-7pm which is usually a turkey sandwich or tuna sandwich with iced tea or water. Off to the gym after work get there around 10pm take a pre-wo drink if needed.
Ok so I know I'm not taking in enough calories to get the gains I want, on days I don't work and just have class I have another meal in the afternoon around 3pm which is usually pasta, steamed vegetables, and chicken or tuna. My main question is would it be ok to add a shake after class around 2pm on the days I head straight to work after class? Certain days I leave my house at 8am and don't get home till 1 or 2am after I leave the gym, I don't want to go back to eating fast food because it's more convenient on those long days, aside from precooking my food and taking it with me in the morning would it be ok to have a shake or two, one in the afternoon and another an hour before I hit the gym? Thanks for any advice.
Sorry for the long post just making sure I give more info behind the question.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:06 AM   #68
Spec C

1g/lb is on the low end. I would probably go with at least 1.25g/lb.

No issues with a couple shakes a day IMO. People make too big a deal of shakes. Whey is loaded with leucine/aminos.

Just get the calories in one way or another. If you have no choice but to drink a few shakes a day do it.

A blend like "Trutein" might be a better choice then straight whey as it contains cassein(and egg white) which tends to keep people a bit fuller for longer.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:16 PM   #69
neveragain

I did the GNC generic whey for a while. The only one I could stand was vanilla. You could throw anything in there and it would taste okay.

I'm going to order some samples from trutein, though. It sounds awesome. Spec sold me on it.
neveragain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:20 PM   #70
Spec C

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveragain View Post
I did the GNC generic whey for a while. The only one I could stand was vanilla. You could throw anything in there and it would taste okay.

I'm going to order some samples from trutein, though. It sounds awesome. Spec sold me on it.
Typically vanilla, and cinn bun are crowd favorites..heh
Old 05-27-2012, 03:14 PM   #71
skar1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec C View Post
1g/lb is on the low end. I would probably go with at least 1.25g/lb.

No issues with a couple shakes a day IMO. People make too big a deal of shakes. Whey is loaded with leucine/aminos.

Just get the calories in one way or another. If you have no choice but to drink a few shakes a day do it.

A blend like "Trutein" might be a better choice then straight whey as it contains cassein(and egg white) which tends to keep people a bit fuller for longer.
Thanks for the reply man
Old 05-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #72
Spec C

Oh additionally if you're trying to grow and are short on calories you want to be adding fat(or carbs) to those shake meals. Bring a few zipoloc bags with almonds in them, or add evoo/evco to your shakes. Whatever you gotta do. I'd try and not have protein only meals.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:30 PM   #73
skar1.0

Definitely will man thank you