AZHT.net  

Go Back   AZHT.net > Technical Forums > Tech Garage > Engine Building

Old 07-27-2015, 09:40 AM   #1
KseriesEK

Any place can check P2V/V2V Clearance ?

Any shop out there that can check P2V and V2V clearance? motor is already assembled in car and forgot to check clearance, which i don't know how to do. any options?
its a B series motor. Also looking for a combo package with cam degreeing if that can happen.

thanks in advanced!

Long Beach, California ==> Phoenix, Arizona
KseriesEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 12:02 PM   #2
king06
SOY JUAN CAMANEY,CHINGON!

Head needs to come off, I just did it on my motor. Is it high compression pistons and what cams?

Only place I can think of that I would trust is TSR. He can get all that done for you.
king06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 12:09 PM   #3
AZ_CIVIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by king06 View Post
Head needs to come off, I just did it on my motor. Is it high compression pistons and what cams?

Only place I can think of that I would trust is TSR. He can get all that done for you.
I agree with King, TSR is the only shop I would trust!
AZ_CIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 04:50 PM   #4
KseriesEK

Thumbs up

Quote:

Yeah I know the head needs to come off, I was looking through YouTube on how they do it. Looks too confusing lol... And yes, high comp CTR pistons, Stage2 blox cams, +1mm oversized intake valves.
And thanks! I'll give him a call soon! I forgot I called him a few weeks ago on pricing for cam degree smh..

Old 07-28-2015, 11:43 PM   #5
king06

Yea, that's a recipe for disaster if you don't clay the motor. What made you go with stage 2 And not pro? Measuring v2v is simple, I'm a degree my cams in a couple of weeks. A friend has the fixture with the dials so I got lucky in that but I've never done it before.
Old 07-30-2015, 02:41 AM   #6
Colten79
Drew

^Yes, it's crazy the amount of folks that don't measure v2v.. Or p2v for that matter
Old 07-30-2015, 04:57 PM   #7
KseriesEK

Quote:
Yea, that's a recipe for disaster if you don't clay the motor. What made you go with stage 2 And not pro? Measuring v2v is simple, I'm a degree my cams in a couple of weeks. A friend has the fixture with the dials so I got lucky in that but I've never done it before.
yeah it would be lol. i knew i was forgetting something after i assembled the head back on. and after it pop in my head, thats when i knew i forgot to clay it and check for all of that. so there it goes wasting a head gasket…the stage 2 was given to me for free from my older brother from his old set up back in 2004, only thing he kept was the camshaft and skunk2 sprocket. i would go pro series but that would be too aggressive for my set-up. my block is stock just with ctrs. otherwise i would go with pro. lol

Old 07-30-2015, 11:00 PM   #8
king06

I would think pro 1 are good for you since your around 12+? But that's cool,as far as the head gasket, I'd think as long as you didn't turn on the motor aka heat cycle it. You should be fine re using it.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:42 AM   #9
Colten79
Drew

Quote:
I would think pro 1 are good for you since your around 12+? But that's cool,as far as the head gasket, I'd think as long as you didn't turn on the motor aka heat cycle it. You should be fine re using it.
I believe once you actually torque the head down, that's what does it for the gasket.. I know a few that have reused them after a similar situation, but eeeeeeh
Old 07-31-2015, 07:55 AM   #10
S!K TEG
LOVES ME SOME CHICKEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colten79 View Post
I believe once you actually torque the head down, that's what does it for the gasket.. I know a few that have reused them after a similar situation, but eeeeeeh
most of the time they use copper spray on the gasket. I seen it done in person a few times but, I rather shell out the cash a new one.