AZHT.net  

Go Back   AZHT.net > Misc Forums > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness Health & Fitness Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 06:32 PM   #61
Spec C
 
Spec C's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: AZ
Posts: 3,089
iTrader: (1)
How are ya feeling?

I did some banded Dl's today. First time. LOVE em.
Spec C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:17 PM   #62
KingDingaLing
AZHT.net Moderator
 
KingDingaLing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: p-town az
Posts: 7,004,157
iTrader: (65)
Mikey. I was just looking at the new years resolution thread from 2009 and seen my pics. FML!! Man have I gained a lot of weight and damn near have no more muscles in sight lol.

Junk food is the damn devil. I quit smoking almost 2 years ago after being a smoker 13 years. That shit is way easir to quit than junk food, junk food is a hell of a drug, I'm not scared to admit that I'm addicted to large portions of junk food. Too often my taste buds over power my mind. I'm currently at my heaviest I've ever been. 6'2 315 pounds.. Honestly it's depressing looking in a mirror.

I quit smoking because I wanted to be healthy for my daughter. Now my bad eating habits have gotten out of control and my health is turning for the worse. It's hard to admit but it is. I'm past a yearly goal. I'm not getting younger, starting this year i wanna get healthy and stay healthy for the rest of my life.
__________________
RCsGarage
HASPORT Performance
JDL Auto Design
VIBRANT Performance
|I|C|B|Motorsport
ALL IN Fabrication
HYBRID Racing
FALKENtire
DOWNSTARINC.
STICKYDILJOE.COM
KingDingaLing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:31 PM   #63
Spec C
 
Spec C's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: AZ
Posts: 3,089
iTrader: (1)
Try and take baby steps man. Unlike smoking sometimes people do better making small changes rather then all at once.

Try and make small attainable short term goals, with a long term goal in the background. Nothing motivates like progress.

If you are drinking soda or sugary drinks/juices. Maybe cut that first. For example.

Do you have access to a gym? Cardio equipment?

Maybe I could help you out. Shoot me a PM if it is something you are interested in, and are ready to commit 100%.

Some people like working with bodybuilders, and athletes, and while I enjoy that, what I enjoy more is the "avg joe". I enjoy seeing people make life altering changes to both their appearance and their health(bloodwork).
Spec C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:10 PM   #64
KingDingaLing
AZHT.net Moderator
 
KingDingaLing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: p-town az
Posts: 7,004,157
iTrader: (65)
im more than ready. i just need some guidance.

i cancelled my LA fitness to join golds. i walked in to golds and found out the GM at the location i would be going to is someone i wish to avoid because a altercation would go down. so i decided im going to rejoin at LA due to it being on my route to shop and i could easily make it a 8am routine every day.

ive never had the proper guidance to losing weight by eating healthy. its always been diet pills and eating once a day, wich i know is so unhealthy its ridiculous. the yoyo affect is insane. this time around i put on 55 pounds. diet pills is the only thing that works to curb my junk food intake. i try to take advice from "trainers" and they all seem full of shit and cant seem to provide a good example of someone they trained who was a success.

you however. have shown living proof on this forum of a guy you helped out..and it was affective. thats what i want.
__________________
RCsGarage
HASPORT Performance
JDL Auto Design
VIBRANT Performance
|I|C|B|Motorsport
ALL IN Fabrication
HYBRID Racing
FALKENtire
DOWNSTARINC.
STICKYDILJOE.COM
KingDingaLing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:20 PM   #65
Dsquared Upholstery
 
Dsquared Upholstery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: chandler
Posts: 1,431
iTrader: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingDingaLing View Post
Mikey. I was just looking at the new years resolution thread from 2009 and seen my pics. FML!! Man have I gained a lot of weight and damn near have no more muscles in sight lol.

Junk food is the damn devil. I quit smoking almost 2 years ago after being a smoker 13 years. That shit is way easir to quit than junk food, junk food is a hell of a drug, I'm not scared to admit that I'm addicted to large portions of junk food. Too often my taste buds over power my mind. I'm currently at my heaviest I've ever been. 6'2 315 pounds.. Honestly it's depressing looking in a mirror.

I quit smoking because I wanted to be healthy for my daughter. Now my bad eating habits have gotten out of control and my health is turning for the worse. It's hard to admit but it is. I'm past a yearly goal. I'm not getting younger, starting this year i wanna get healthy and stay healthy for the rest of my life.
Good for you. Don't talk about it, be about it.
We all start somewhere whether it is fat or skinny. Sticking to a plan is what gets the finished product you seek.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Dsquared Upholstery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:30 PM   #66
KingDingaLing
AZHT.net Moderator
 
KingDingaLing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: p-town az
Posts: 7,004,157
iTrader: (65)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsquared Upholstery View Post
Good for you. Don't talk about it, be about it.
We all start somewhere whether it is fat or skinny. Sticking to a plan is what gets the finished product you seek.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was on a good path till that same month in 2009. That month I fractured my wrist in 3 places. Been in a slump ever since.
__________________
RCsGarage
HASPORT Performance
JDL Auto Design
VIBRANT Performance
|I|C|B|Motorsport
ALL IN Fabrication
HYBRID Racing
FALKENtire
DOWNSTARINC.
STICKYDILJOE.COM
KingDingaLing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:32 PM   #67
Spec C
 
Spec C's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: AZ
Posts: 3,089
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingDingaLing View Post

ive never had the proper guidance to losing weight by eating healthy. its always been diet pills and eating once a day, wich i know is so unhealthy its ridiculous. the yoyo affect is insane. this time around i put on 55 pounds. diet pills is the only thing that works to curb my junk food intake. i try to take advice from "trainers" and they all seem full of shit and cant seem to provide a good example of someone they trained who was a success.

.
IME the biggest hurdle is figuring out what makes you tick, and what it is going to take for you to STOP the junkfood binges(besides diet pills). You shouldn't have to kill your appetite in order to stop eating these things. There IS another way, and it is a matter of just figuring out what.

Let me tell you, I am a junkfood fiend. So I know where you are coming from. Sweets are my biggest weakness.

Let me ask you this. Does this sound like you. Go far too many hours without eating, then by the time you eat, you are so hungry, you don't give a fuck what you eat, eat shit, and far too much of it?
Spec C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:51 PM   #68
clean4door
 
clean4door's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: phoenix
Posts: 1,666
iTrader: (24)
Ur in good hands with spec rc. Hes the one the helped me out tremendously and change my life. And now I actually enjoy working out and eating healthy.
U can do it bro im not much help but u know im down to help anyway I can
__________________
Rc's Garage
TSR
Locash racing
JDL auto design
ICB Motorsports
clean4door is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:53 PM   #69
Spec C
 
Spec C's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: AZ
Posts: 3,089
iTrader: (1)
You got a PM RC.
Spec C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:57 PM   #70
SiR Mikey
Jermo=King
 
SiR Mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hick Town
Posts: 7,503
iTrader: (19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec C View Post
How are ya feeling?

I did some banded Dl's today. First time. LOVE em.
MUCH better. Went to work today and with my backpack on the pain was tolerable. As the pain subsides more I can pinpoint where it's stemming from and I'm 99.9% sure you were on the money. Thank you so much enough for the advice man, I can't begin to tell you how down I was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingDingaLing View Post
Mikey. I was just looking at the new years resolution thread from 2009 and seen my pics. FML!! Man have I gained a lot of weight and damn near have no more muscles in sight lol.

Junk food is the damn devil. I quit smoking almost 2 years ago after being a smoker 13 years. That shit is way easir to quit than junk food, junk food is a hell of a drug, I'm not scared to admit that I'm addicted to large portions of junk food. Too often my taste buds over power my mind. I'm currently at my heaviest I've ever been. 6'2 315 pounds.. Honestly it's depressing looking in a mirror.

I quit smoking because I wanted to be healthy for my daughter. Now my bad eating habits have gotten out of control and my health is turning for the worse. It's hard to admit but it is. I'm past a yearly goal. I'm not getting younger, starting this year i wanna get healthy and stay healthy for the rest of my life.
Good luck man! We've got some quality lifters on AZHT who can help you. As Dsquared said, gotta stick to it. You can want it, and we can feed guidance, but without action its a lost cause. You've quit smoking and created a brand for yourself known not only in the Arizona import scene, but nation wide. No reason you can't do this.

I'm sure a lot, if not all of you have seen this video. I've watched it probably a hundred times and it still gets me going. They created an audio version of this with music I sometimes listen to when I'm lifting even
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fsm-QbN9r8
SiR Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:00 PM   #71
Spec C
 
Spec C's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: AZ
Posts: 3,089
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean4door View Post
Ur in good hands with spec rc. Hes the one the helped me out tremendously and change my life. And now I actually enjoy working out and eating healthy.
U can do it bro im not much help but u know im down to help anyway I can
Glad you are sticking with it Mike. Feel free to check in from time to time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR Mikey View Post
MUCH better. Went to work today and with my backpack on the pain was tolerable. As the pain subsides more I can pinpoint where it's stemming from and I'm 99.9% sure you were on the money. Thank you so much enough for the advice man, I can't begin to tell you how down I was.
Good to hear man! Stay vigilant in your rehab. Beyond that keep those hips loose. I gotta take my own advice because I can feel my piriformis on my right side after today's DL session.

It is like we don't pay mobility any attention until we are fucked up..lol
Spec C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:23 PM   #72
SiR Mikey
Jermo=King
 
SiR Mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hick Town
Posts: 7,503
iTrader: (19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean4door View Post
Ur in good hands with spec rc. Hes the one the helped me out tremendously and change my life. And now I actually enjoy working out and eating healthy.
U can do it bro im not much help but u know im down to help anyway I can
You have any recent pics??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec C View Post
Glad you are sticking with it Mike. Feel free to check in from time to time.



Good to hear man! Stay vigilant in your rehab. Beyond that keep those hips loose. I gotta take my own advice because I can feel my piriformis on my right side after today's DL session.

It is like we don't pay mobility any attention until we are fucked up..lol
Actually just got out of the shower, rolled around on the ball and got up with 0 pain. Still some tightness in my lower back, but I can't complain considering its only been 3 days.

I'm glad you showed me this because, like you, I had pain after every squat and DL day. I had even considered buying stock in ibuprofen at the rate I emptied bottles. I'm sure I'll slack off once I start feeling better until the almighty iron puts my ego and I in check. I think that's just our nature as men though. We're stubborn and think we're the exception...and just lazy. Stretching sucks lol
SiR Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:10 AM   #73
clean4door
 
clean4door's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: phoenix
Posts: 1,666
iTrader: (24)
Actually no. I rarely take any pics. All said and done im down around 70lbs since march
__________________
Rc's Garage
TSR
Locash racing
JDL auto design
ICB Motorsports
clean4door is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:54 AM   #74
Bodykit
hatchkid92<------- old sn
 
Bodykit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: chandleR
Posts: 1,277
iTrader: (10)
Damn Mikey u were right, there is some big dudes on here lol I started working out with Mikey just about a year ago starting at a solid 120lbs at 5'8 (fail I know) lol through the year I've slowly progressed with a few minor breaks in lifting but got to 160 this December for the first time! I have a few pics ill throw up of before and currently. My goal is 175lbs with around 7-8%bf. Any help is welcomed and appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image0.jpg (25.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg image.jpg (44.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg image1.jpg (32.8 KB, 13 views)
__________________
Need a detail or body panel painted and color matched by oem paint code? Pm me!

Vote Colt_45 & comptonasskerry for bein MOD's!
Bodykit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #75
Spec C
 
Spec C's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: AZ
Posts: 3,089
iTrader: (1)
That is great progress for a year, especially given you added what appears to be NO bodyfat.
Spec C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #76
SiR Mikey
Jermo=King
 
SiR Mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hick Town
Posts: 7,503
iTrader: (19)
I think he's super human. We lived together for a while and ate competatively daily, and his bf still looked the same from day 1
SiR Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #77
Bodykit
hatchkid92<------- old sn
 
Bodykit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: chandleR
Posts: 1,277
iTrader: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec C View Post
That is great progress for a year, especially given you added what appears to be NO bodyfat.
Thanks man. Ya in the beginning the bf measurement thing they used where u grip in like a remote read error for my bf and now it's roughly around 5-6%. My metabolism is just so high I have to eat so much it's stupid
__________________
Need a detail or body panel painted and color matched by oem paint code? Pm me!

Vote Colt_45 & comptonasskerry for bein MOD's!
Bodykit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:59 AM   #78
Bodykit
hatchkid92<------- old sn
 
Bodykit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: chandleR
Posts: 1,277
iTrader: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR Mikey View Post
I think he's super human. We lived together for a while and ate competatively daily, and his bf still looked the same from day 1
Ya but u still put on more weight then I did and it pissed me off lol
__________________
Need a detail or body panel painted and color matched by oem paint code? Pm me!

Vote Colt_45 & comptonasskerry for bein MOD's!
Bodykit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:01 AM   #79
SiR Mikey
Jermo=King
 
SiR Mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hick Town
Posts: 7,503
iTrader: (19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodykit View Post
Ya but u still put on more weight then I did and it pissed me off lol
SiR Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #80
Dsquared Upholstery
 
Dsquared Upholstery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: chandler
Posts: 1,431
iTrader: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodykit View Post
Damn Mikey u were right, there is some big dudes on here lol I started working out with Mikey just about a year ago starting at a solid 120lbs at 5'8 (fail I know) lol through the year I've slowly progressed with a few minor breaks in lifting but got to 160 this December for the first time! I have a few pics ill throw up of before and currently. My goal is 175lbs with around 7-8%bf. Any help is welcomed and appreciated.
Big improvement. Another 20 pounds and you'll be set


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Dsquared Upholstery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:48 PM   #81
Theory
 
Theory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Litchfield
Posts: 1,275
iTrader: (3)
I want to get to 200 lbs without riding bikes. This my current goal lol
__________________
Acclerhatin'
Theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:46 PM   #82
skar1.0
 
skar1.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: phoenix
Posts: 269
iTrader: (0)
The goal for this year was to cut down to 185 by march but it's looking more like May now, but i plan on maintaining that weight for the year. Caloric intake is at 2000-2200 a day, increased cardio to one mile before lifting and three after lifting for a total of 20 miles a week, (fucking hate doing cardio the day after leg day lol). I'll post pics once i reach my goal weight, i see myself leaning down already but still have allot of work to do.
__________________
I RoundButts
skar1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:54 AM   #83
Dsquared Upholstery
 
Dsquared Upholstery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: chandler
Posts: 1,431
iTrader: (4)
Starting a bulk phase, weighed in at 198 yesterday and planning to bulk from now til the end of march.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Dsquared Upholstery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #84
Spec C
 
Spec C's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: AZ
Posts: 3,089
iTrader: (1)
Good luck D. Goal weight is 210-215?
Spec C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:01 AM   #85
Dsquared Upholstery
 
Dsquared Upholstery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: chandler
Posts: 1,431
iTrader: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec C View Post
Good luck D. Goal weight is 210-215?
I think 215 is pretty realistic


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Dsquared Upholstery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #86
SiR Mikey
Jermo=King
 
SiR Mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hick Town
Posts: 7,503
iTrader: (19)
D, I might have missed it but how tall are you?
SiR Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:28 PM   #87
Dsquared Upholstery
 
Dsquared Upholstery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: chandler
Posts: 1,431
iTrader: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR Mikey View Post
D, I might have missed it but how tall are you?
5'10


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Dsquared Upholstery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:24 PM   #88
jdmrex1
 
jdmrex1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sonora
Posts: 3,569
iTrader: (9)
Man I gotta say. Looking and reading thru the goal threads really motivates me more. I just started working out the beginning of this year. I gotta say I couldnt go 1/4 miles without loosing my breath. Since I started working out and doind cardio im up to 1.5 miles in 18min.. Man does that feel great. The lifting im still a noob.
I honestly dont know my max but its not a lot. I really want to stay at my current weight but with a lot less bf. Im 190 lbs but I dont know my bf. I hear diet is key but honestly I have no idea wat kind of diet or wat plan to use. I cut all the junk and soda.
If anybody can help me on finding out wat kind of diet I would need to get lean I would greatly appreciate it.
__________________
FUCK YOU!!!
jdmrex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:25 AM   #89
skar1.0
 
skar1.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: phoenix
Posts: 269
iTrader: (0)
I'm sure one of these guys can give you advice ^^^
I know what you mean i started posting my progress and reading these guys' progress has really helped to keep me motivated, good luck with your goals man
__________________
I RoundButts
skar1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:13 AM   #90
1badLst
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: scottsdale
Posts: 497
iTrader: (3)
Started cutting this week for an upcoming event. I'll post some more pics when I'm done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg progresscut.jpg (11.2 KB, 123 views)
1badLst is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ŠAZHT.net 2004-2018
Design by HTWoRKS