AZHT.net  

Go Back   AZHT.net > The Sports Lounge > Picks and Predictions

Picks and Predictions For all your sports psychics! Post your predictions and picks for all sports here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 05:41 PM   #61
super_civic
 
super_civic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,505
iTrader: (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAKSUKAW View Post
this post is hella funny...it seems that everyone is getting all pissed off...hahahaa...anyways...GO PACMAN!!! If your into winning fights and talking trash about all your decision wins...then more power to u! Im all about the knockout and finishing the fight and less trash talkin! ...
Lol if you're all about knockouts go watch UFC then.
super_civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:43 PM   #62
kevinm1981
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
huh? boxing used to have TONS of KO's. I take it you have never seen ali or tyson, or lewis, or haggler, or klitchco so many others.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:47 PM   #63
super_civic
 
super_civic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,505
iTrader: (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm1981 View Post
huh? boxing used to have TONS of KO's. I take it you have never seen ali or tyson, or lewis, or haggler, or klitchco so many others.

Keyword: Used to.
super_civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:08 PM   #64
kevinm1981
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Yup, so why follow it now? no reason other then pacman.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:16 PM   #65
2.0eg-si
im addicted to boost
 
2.0eg-si's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: East Mesa
Posts: 4,188
iTrader: (11)
lets just wait and see the fight its gonna be good and i cant wait...all the people getting worked up over mayweather needs to pull the string out and chill..and im still laughing at the whole" it was set up blah blah blah" gtfo with that shit
__________________
iWired
WeakBoost
A.T.R
Nyce1's.com
2.0eg-si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 02:35 AM   #66
brandon
bitches are like buses
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: tu520n
Posts: 1,172
iTrader: (2)
i miss the mike tyson days
brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 02:23 PM   #67
kevinm1981
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
long gone my friend, mma is king.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 02:49 PM   #68
AZ_CIVIC
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 3,795
iTrader: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm1981 View Post
long gone my friend, mma is king.
MMA sucks, if MMA was so good then why can't they even come close to out selling boxing matches on Paperview.

MMA also has become a circus with there gay tv reality shows and drama and all that BS they bring in ex NFL dudes, You Tube guy's, WWE wrestlers, etc. The problem with MMA is they have a new UFC 105, 106, 107 every freaking week. You never know who or when anyone is fighting and when they do plug fights they are full of no namers even for their main fights. On top of that, MMA fights suck 80% of the time it turns into 5 minute wrestling matches on the ground which is boring.

As for the contenders there is always someone new. You stop watching UFC for 3 weeks and in that time there has been 5 new heavy wieght champs. UFC reached its peak when they had Chuck Ladel, Tito Ortiz, etc. look Tito Ortiz and Chuck already did the UFC reality show once before and because they have no one new they are doing it again, they have also fought each how many times already.

At least with boxing and paperview events they have the best of the best fights that people want to see and have waited for because they don't do it every week it builds peoples interest in the fight and with real promotors these fights are awesome. Plus with boxing they have real skills and fight other skillful fighters. The UFC always has mismatched fights between a guy who kicks and does ju jitsu and a guy who wrestles, those fights suck and aren't won by skill but by luck.
AZ_CIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 02:54 PM   #69
kevinm1981
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
mma is more exciting. any day. how can you say otherwise?

but of course they don't outsell the huge mega fights, that is because they have events every month! pretty easy to understand.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 02:55 PM   #70
kevinm1981
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Name one fighter worth watching other then pacman. Knew you couldn't. lol. JP. I just prefer mma.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:03 PM   #71
AZ_CIVIC
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 3,795
iTrader: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm1981 View Post
mma is more exciting. any day. how can you say otherwise?

but of course they don't outsell the huge mega fights, that is because they have events every month! pretty easy to understand.
That is the problem it has fights more then every month and the champs change every couple of weeks. They bring these guys in that have no real fighting skills but because they are 320 pounds and full of roids they get their ass kicked but then throw one ugly unskilled punch and knock the guy out.

I would much rather watch two guys that have excellent skills battle each other to see who the real winner is.

Just look at the Mayweather and Mosley fight, Mayweather took a couple good punches in the second round but won the fight because he was more skilled and had the stanima to continue and fight, if this was UFC, where they don't use really any gloves for protection, that hit would have knocked Mayweather out, but Mosley would have won because he got a lucky punch, not because he was a better skilled fighter.
AZ_CIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:06 PM   #72
kevinm1981
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
no they don't not in ufc, the champ fight twice a year and that is if they are healthy. Not true at all on almost all of your points.

LOL, anderson silva has been champ for YEARS. my favorite fighter in the world.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:07 PM   #73
kevinm1981
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
ufc is the top of the top for mma. 265 weight limit and they test EVERYONE EVERY TIME, unlike boxing.

mma has already ate boxing, boxing is almost dead.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:20 PM   #74
kevinm1981
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_CIVIC View Post
That is the problem it has fights more then every month and the champs change every couple of weeks. They bring these guys in that have no real fighting skills but because they are 320 pounds and full of roids they get their ass kicked but then throw one ugly unskilled punch and knock the guy out.

I would much rather watch two guys that have excellent skills battle each other to see who the real winner is.

Just look at the Mayweather and Mosley fight, Mayweather took a couple good punches in the second round but won the fight because he was more skilled and had the stanima to continue and fight, if this was UFC, where they don't use really any gloves for protection, that hit would have knocked Mayweather out, but Mosley would have won because he got a lucky punch, not because he was a better skilled fighter.
no such thing as a lucky punch. if you throw with intent to hit them then how is it luck?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:22 PM   #75
2.0eg-si
im addicted to boost
 
2.0eg-si's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: East Mesa
Posts: 4,188
iTrader: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_CIVIC View Post
MMA sucks, if MMA was so good then why can't they even come close to out selling boxing matches on Paperview.

MMA also has become a circus with there gay tv reality shows and drama and all that BS they bring in ex NFL dudes, You Tube guy's, WWE wrestlers, etc. The problem with MMA is they have a new UFC 105, 106, 107 every freaking week. You never know who or when anyone is fighting and when they do plug fights they are full of no namers even for their main fights. On top of that, MMA fights suck 80% of the time it turns into 5 minute wrestling matches on the ground which is boring.

As for the contenders there is always someone new. You stop watching UFC for 3 weeks and in that time there has been 5 new heavy wieght champs. UFC reached its peak when they had Chuck Ladel, Tito Ortiz, etc. look Tito Ortiz and Chuck already did the UFC reality show once before and because they have no one new they are doing it again, they have also fought each how many times already.

At least with boxing and paperview events they have the best of the best fights that people want to see and have waited for because they don't do it every week it builds peoples interest in the fight and with real promotors these fights are awesome. Plus with boxing they have real skills and fight other skillful fighters. The UFC always has mismatched fights between a guy who kicks and does ju jitsu and a guy who wrestles, those fights suck and aren't won by skill but by luck.
oh man im not even gonna get started you my friend are
__________________
iWired
WeakBoost
A.T.R
Nyce1's.com
2.0eg-si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:28 PM   #76
kevinm1981
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I know sounds like one of those idiot boxing promoters lol.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:32 PM   #77
2.0eg-si
im addicted to boost
 
2.0eg-si's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: East Mesa
Posts: 4,188
iTrader: (11)
lol seriously! boxing is one of my fav sports but mma IMO blows it out the water iv done both sports(still am attending mma) and its way different way more contact takes wayyyy more skill..has alot more too it than stand on your feet hold your hands up and swing at the right opportunity..but like i said im not gonna get into this cus this thread IS NOT about mma its about the boxing
__________________
iWired
WeakBoost
A.T.R
Nyce1's.com
2.0eg-si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:45 PM   #78
AZ_CIVIC
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 3,795
iTrader: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm1981 View Post
no such thing as a lucky punch. if you throw with intent to hit them then how is it luck?
I have watched UFC plenty of times, those guys skill levels are no where near the skill levels as top boxers.

Real Stand up fights:
For example UFC current light weight champ is Frankie Edgar put him against lightweight fighter Pac Man, Mosley, Mayweather, they would knock Frankie Edgar out.

Heavy weight Brock Lesnar, ex WWE Roid abuser, VS. Heavy Weight Wladimir Klitschko who 53-3 with 47 knock outs for those of you who say boxing has no knock outs.

Light Heavy weight Lyoto machida vs someone like Roy Jones Jr. or Danny Green.

Come on when it comes to skill and a good stand up punching match Boxers would dominate.

I could only image what Mike Tyson could have done to any of the UFC fighters.
AZ_CIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:46 PM   #79
kevinm1981
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
they have to cross train moron, of course their standup is less good. you drunk?

brock would murger klitchko in a mma match.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:53 PM   #80
AZ_CIVIC
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 3,795
iTrader: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.0eg-si View Post
lol seriously! boxing is one of my fav sports but mma IMO blows it out the water iv done both sports(still am attending mma) and its way different way more contact takes wayyyy more skill..has alot more too it than stand on your feet hold your hands up and swing at the right opportunity..but like i said im not gonna get into this cus this thread IS NOT about mma its about the boxing
Yeah it doesn't take skills to stand up and punch right, but there is plenty of skill huffing and puffing laying on the octogon mat rolling around. If so much skill is required then tell me why you heavyweight champion is an ex WWE fake wrestler, who walked right into UFC and became champ? You would never see that in boxing.

Have you ever boxed or had a street fight? I was an amature boxer at Rodriguez boxing gym 15th ave and Roosevlet and let me tell you, it takes way more skill to box then fight a street fight. In a street fight you have way more options because you can takle a guy, kick them, punch them, throw them etc. With boxing you might be a big strong 220 pound guy fighting a 160 pound guy who is working your ass in the ring but in a normal street fight you would be able to use you muscle to grab them and do whatever but in boxing you are forced to use skills.
AZ_CIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:55 PM   #81
kevinm1981
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
you just proved the point, mma takes way more skill. so many moves to learn. if you want to continue this convo then make a mma vs boxing thread lol.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:00 PM   #82
2.0eg-si
im addicted to boost
 
2.0eg-si's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: East Mesa
Posts: 4,188
iTrader: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_CIVIC View Post
Yeah it doesn't take skills to stand up and punch right, but there is plenty of skill huffing and puffing laying on the octogon mat rolling around. If so much skill is required then tell me why you heavyweight champion is an ex WWE fake wrestler, who walked right into UFC and became champ? You would never see that in boxing.

Have you ever boxed or had a street fight? I was an amature boxer at Rodriguez boxing gym 15th ave and Roosevlet and let me tell you, it takes way more skill to box then fight a street fight. In a street fight you have way more options because you can takle a guy, kick them, punch them, throw them etc. With boxing you might be a big strong 220 pound guy fighting a 160 pound guy who is working your ass in the ring but in a normal street fight you would be able to use you muscle to grab them and do whatever but in boxing you are forced to use skills.
yes i have plenty of times and the huffin and puffin? thats what breathing is for..yes boxing is alot of skill but you really think the speed and movement of frankie edgar paq would knock him out??(No comment) glad to hear there is another fellow fighter on the boards..i train at proving ground i was at american martial arts center for awhile but moved out to surprise and im doing rage in the cage this summer..anyways about the ex wwe faggot he has no skill at all he is just a big mofucka and uses his weight to his advantage once he is on top of you your fucked i dont care who you are..i wish he would get kicked out of ufc cus i think he is a deuch...boxers are very good on there feet and can last with out getting tired but its cus there just punching and using head movement unlike mayweather(the champ) he uses the whole ring..ufc is wayyyy different they use the ring there on the ground there kicking so of course there gonna get tired quciker hince the reason they do 3 5 min rounds and cahmp fights are 5 5 min rounds..

anyway there completely too different sports even though ufc has alot to do with boxing as well
__________________
iWired
WeakBoost
A.T.R
Nyce1's.com
2.0eg-si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:00 PM   #83
AZ_CIVIC
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 3,795
iTrader: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm1981 View Post
you just proved the point, mma takes way more skill. so many moves to learn. if you want to continue this convo then make a mma vs boxing thread lol.
I didn't prove anything for you, you think it takes a lot of skills to throw wild punches and kicks and roll around, Hell no, any jackass can do that.

Klitschko would destroy Lesnar in a stand up fight hands down he has 47 knockouts in his career.
AZ_CIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:05 PM   #84
kevinm1981
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
machida throws wild punches? anderson throws wild punches? gsp throws wild punches? penn throwes wild punches?

Fedor does throw wild punches, never lost in his career, fought all the best in the world during his prime.

And yes pac would KO edgar quite easily. 1st round KO.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:08 PM   #85
2.0eg-si
im addicted to boost
 
2.0eg-si's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: East Mesa
Posts: 4,188
iTrader: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm1981 View Post
machida throws wild punches? anderson throws wild punches? gsp throws wild punches? penn throwes wild punches?

Fedor does throw wild punches, never lost in his career, fought all the best in the world during his prime.

And yes pac would KO edgar quite easily. 1st round KO.
highly doubted due to the fact there trained for 2 completely different sports
__________________
iWired
WeakBoost
A.T.R
Nyce1's.com
2.0eg-si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:09 PM   #86
kevinm1981
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
That is why he would, in a straight boxing match pacman is the worlds best would be over too quickly. The body shots are what would take him out.

MMA yeah edgar would own pacmans ass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:10 PM   #87
2.0eg-si
im addicted to boost
 
2.0eg-si's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: East Mesa
Posts: 4,188
iTrader: (11)
"in a straight boxing match" exactly..
__________________
iWired
WeakBoost
A.T.R
Nyce1's.com
2.0eg-si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:10 PM   #88
AZ_CIVIC
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 3,795
iTrader: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.0eg-si View Post
yes i have plenty of times and the huffin and puffin? thats what breathing is for..yes boxing is alot of skill but you really think the speed and movement of frankie edgar paq would knock him out??(No comment) glad to hear there is another fellow fighter on the boards..i train at proving ground i was at american martial arts center for awhile but moved out to surprise and im doing rage in the cage this summer..anyways about the ex wwe faggot he has no skill at all he is just a big mofucka and uses his weight to his advantage once he is on top of you your fucked i dont care who you are..i wish he would get kicked out of ufc cus i think he is a deuch...boxers are very good on there feet and can last with out getting tired but its cus there just punching and using head movement unlike mayweather(the champ) he uses the whole ring..ufc is wayyyy different they use the ring there on the ground there kicking so of course there gonna get tired quciker hince the reason they do 3 5 min rounds and cahmp fights are 5 5 min rounds..

anyway there completely too different sports even though ufc has alot to do with boxing as well
Like I was saying I am comparing stand up skills for each fighter, Frankie Edgar stand up punch only against Pac Man stand up, Pac man would win because it takes a lot more skills to be able to limit yourself to punching only. When you watch UFC and those guys start off with stand up and one guy gets rocked or can't handle a stand up fighter what is the first thing they do, they start kicking and do take downs to avoid getting knocked out. They then roll around on the ground and it gets boring.

Another example, Chuck Ladell he is basically a stand up only guy, sure he can kick and go to the ground but that is not what he does, 99% of the time he likes standing up, so now if you put Chuck Ladell against someone close to their weight like a Evander Hollyfield who normally fought at 210 pounds Evander would take the win.
AZ_CIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:13 PM   #89
AZ_CIVIC
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 3,795
iTrader: (28)
Lesnar is the perfect example of someone who uses his size not skill in fights. I have watched some of his fights where it was stand up and they were kicking Lesnars ass and rocked him with some punches, what did Lesnar due when he knew if he continued to stand, brought the guy down and started wrestling and eventually won. This is what I hate when I watch UFC.
AZ_CIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:14 PM   #90
2.0eg-si
im addicted to boost
 
2.0eg-si's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: East Mesa
Posts: 4,188
iTrader: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_CIVIC View Post
Like I was saying I am comparing stand up skills for each fighter, Frankie Edgar stand up punch only against Pac Man stand up, Pac man would win because it takes a lot more skills to be able to limit yourself to punching only. When you watch UFC and those guys start off with stand up and one guy gets rocked or can't handle a stand up fighter what is the first thing they do, they start kicking and do take downs to avoid getting knocked out. They then roll around on the ground and it gets boring.

Another example, Chuck Ladell he is basically a stand up only guy, sure he can kick and go to the ground but that is not what he does, 99% of the time he likes standing up, so now if you put Chuck Ladell against someone close to their weight like a Evander Hollyfield who normally fought at 210 pounds Evander would take the win.
deffinately wont dissagree with that..some of ufc fighters do throw wild punches but have the accuracy to land them..boxing you knock someone down its over..ufc you knock someone down you demolish him until he is limp just alot more exciting to me even though i love boxing and love watching it i just got more involved with mixed martial arts with pride fighting and grappling tournaments and of course ufc

both sports are great and by far the best full contact sports out there along with pride fighting
__________________
iWired
WeakBoost
A.T.R
Nyce1's.com
2.0eg-si is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ŠAZHT.net 2004-2013
Design by HTWoRKS