AZHT.net  

Go Back   AZHT.net > Model Specific Tech Forums > EG Civic/Del Sol + DC Integra

EG Civic/Del Sol + DC Integra Civic (92-95), Del Sol (93-97) and Integra (94-01) Discussion

Old 06-23-2016, 01:29 PM   #1
Th3 Mugen
Silvia Fan Boy

DB Roof Wing? / Third Brake light

Lately I've got this crazy thought in my head to attempt to put a roof third brake light. Such as the ones you see on new Audi's, BMW, etc.
I've got a theory on how to get it done but I'm running into an issue with hiding it. Now I could mount it inside the car but I'm wanting to get a roof style wing on the rear glass and have it mounted underneath to keep it hidden. That way I can "modernize" the car and it'll be easier for all the excessively lifted trucks in my area to see me stopping, while adding something unique.
Now my main question is. Has anyone used a roof wing on a DB with good fitment? Everything I find is meant for coupes or they are too "curvy". I'd be looking for something squared such as the 300zx style ones.

Pictures below for reference.

[IMG]

[/IMG]
Old 06-23-2016, 02:04 PM   #2
cbaracing

i would get a red l.e.d. and put it on the inside of the window if thats the look you are going for.
imo those wing dingy thingys look terrible
cbaracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 02:30 PM   #3
Th3 Mugen
Silvia Fan Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaracing View Post
i would get a red l.e.d. and put it on the inside of the window if thats the look you are going for.
imo those wing dingy thingys look terrible
I found a tutorial on that Maxima on how to do the third light, but I'm afraid if I put it inside the car it'll reflect too much.
I like certain roof wings, but every one I've seen on an integra doesn't fit the body and sedans look weird with normal trunk wings such as the mugen gen 1/2.
I saw the 300zx one in person going down the road and it looked fantastic.
It's kinda hard to express over text. The sedan has like a bubble to the back window and I just want to even out the side profile a hair.
Example A of my car showing the "bubble"

Old 06-23-2016, 03:01 PM   #4
Chuck Chainz

when I my '96 hatch I added a CTR wing with a LED 3rd brake light running across the rear window just under the plastic trim... It looked petty fucking nice too!

Roof thingies aren't my thing either because all the ones I see are all warped and look funky, although the 300zx piece looks good. A nice small subtle one would look, well subtle.
Chuck Chainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 03:39 PM   #5
cbaracing

the ZX one doesnt look bad. i just dont know how you would pull that off on a four door integra as all aforementioned examples are hatchbacks
Old 06-23-2016, 05:19 PM   #6
Th3 Mugen
Silvia Fan Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Chainz View Post
when I my '96 hatch I added a CTR wing with a LED 3rd brake light running across the rear window just under the plastic trim... It looked petty fucking nice too!

Roof thingies aren't my thing either because all the ones I see are all warped and look funky, although the 300zx piece looks good. A nice small subtle one would look, well subtle.
All the new cars have the best looking ones! It sucks

Quote:
the ZX one doesnt look bad. i just dont know how you would pull that off on a four door integra as all aforementioned examples are hatchbacks
Yeah I need to make friends with some zx people and see if anyone has one I can use for mock up
Old 06-23-2016, 08:33 PM   #7
LS-S DA9
http://www.azht.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3 Mugen View Post
I found a tutorial on that Maxima on how to do the third light, but I'm afraid if I put it inside the car it'll reflect too much.
I like certain roof wings, but every one I've seen on an integra doesn't fit the body and sedans look weird with normal trunk wings such as the mugen gen 1/2.
I saw the 300zx one in person going down the road and it looked fantastic.
It's kinda hard to express over text. The sedan has like a bubble to the back window and I just want to even out the side profile a hair.
Example A of my car showing the "bubble"

You are outta your mind! The mugen gen 1 looks like an itr with a gurney flap. The itr on the db looks AWESOME in my opinion. The mugen gen 2 though is not my cup of tea on sedan or hatch and is not comparible to itr or mugen gen 1.

When it comes down to it (looks wise) db NEEDS a wing, the hatch can go wingless all day.

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk

2001 Integra LS project/DD
2005 CR-V fully loaded

Hasport
kSPORT
ASR
HONDATA
LS-S DA9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 10:24 PM   #8
Th3 Mugen
Silvia Fan Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS-S DA9 View Post
You are outta your mind! The mugen gen 1 looks like an itr with a gurney flap. The itr on the db looks AWESOME in my opinion. The mugen gen 2 though is not my cup of tea on sedan or hatch and is not comparible to itr or mugen gen 1.

When it comes down to it (looks wise) db NEEDS a wing, the hatch can go wingless all day.

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk
I personally think the gen two looks better than gen one, but then again I'm weird, lol. If I had the spare cash I'd go with a carbon fiber trunk and some a way to mold in the password jdm trunk lid

But make it extend into the body.
Then again I want to make my car follow as oem as possible that way at quick glance it looks stock but after you stare at it you notice the all the changes. This year is all suspension based and some exterior. Black suspension so it doesn't get attention, ITR front with a few goodies. So I still gotta figure everything out.
Old 08-30-2016, 03:02 PM   #9
Th3 Mugen
Silvia Fan Boy

So update on this project. Found a roof wing and spoiler I like. This company sells what looks like a subtle roof wing that would flow well with the body.
http://www.spoilerking.net/product.s...categoryId=519

Now I gotta figure out the LED portion. As well as get my headliner wrapped in black suede. Moon roof/headliner is annoying me and I'm still learning so I keep having small issues. All my A pillars are now wrapped though
Old 08-30-2016, 04:06 PM   #10
cbaracing

let me guess. is the place called spoiler king?
Old 08-31-2016, 06:15 AM   #11
S!K TEG
LOVES ME SOME CHICKEN

Just stick an led strip on there from vatozone.
Old 08-31-2016, 08:21 AM   #12
Th3 Mugen
Silvia Fan Boy

Quote:
let me guess. is the place called spoiler king?
Lol. Are they not a good brand? I don't know to much about brands since I keep to myself and my car friends are into Jeeps and old Chevy's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S!K TEG View Post
Just stick an led strip on there from vatozone.
Yeah but I don't want it to look cheap. I like the modern LED look, but from what I've been reading it'll require a lot more than I was expecting
Old 08-31-2016, 11:51 AM   #13
cbaracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3 Mugen View Post
Lol. Are they not a good brand? I don't know to much about brands since I keep to myself and my car friends are into Jeeps and old Chevy's.

Yeah but I don't want it to look cheap. I like the modern LED look, but from what I've been reading it'll require a lot more than I was expecting
i just saw the water mark on the pictures. i personally know nothing of them but if its made in usa then im all for it

i think you can make it look good. just take your time doing so