Go Back > Misc Forums > Do It Yourself

Do It Yourself Post any useful DIY's here

Old 12-31-2012, 06:42 PM   #1
sleeper Ej1 D16z6 turbo
Sohc s20/s40 transmission input shaft replacement

Just got my tune on Saturday and my f1 racing stage 3 5 puck/ebay clutch kit was giving out at peek boost. My transmission input shaft bearing had been bad for a while now, so i figure im just going to replace whats out specs in the transmission and buy a stage 5 competition clutch since im going for more power in the near future. got alot of info about how to open the transmission from
here's two clips of me when i opened the transmission up

I know said p40 but i meant to say s40 and the main shaft is suppose to have a little play just because the ANGULAR BALL BEARING the assembly is sitting on what u really want to inspect is the inner and outter races, In my case the inter race was trashed as u can tell by this picture
there's excessive wear on the inter race. To replace this bearing when you pull the the main shaft assembly out stick a long flat head screw driver threw the bell housing side lip the Flathead on the inter race and hit it evenly took me like 3mins to knock it out, after that find a replacement bearing the specs are BEARING, ANGULAR BALL (22X70X17.5) (NTN) it costs 45.55 on
Ill post more as i go im resting today so tomorrw ill be back at it
Ej1 d16z6 vitara build auto to manual conversion at 17psi im pushing 256hp and 197t
CraZy_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #2
INTEGRA DC2 Supporting Vendor
normally when these get this bad it takes out the top bearing as well. make sure its still good or you will destroy the new input shaft bearing again.
"Let us make your ride NOTORIOUS too!"
(602) 339-0308
2231 S 7th Ave. Ste 1
PHX, AZ 85007
INTEGRA DC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:30 AM   #3
hawaiian mix
If you need tranny parts for rebuild lmk i can get good deals on tranny rebuild parts like the whole bearing and seal kit for pretty cheap
“Ah, the patter of little feet around the house. There's nothing like having a midget for a butler.”

"twizzted thoughts"
hawaiian mix is offline   Reply With Quote