AZHT.net  

Go Back   AZHT.net > Misc Forums > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness Health & Fitness Discussion

Old 02-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #121
clean4door

Here ya go, still got a long way to go. But im down round 70lbs in 7 months and ive maintained it for past 3.
JDL auto design
ICB Motorsports
clean4door is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:44 PM   #122
skar1.0

Good job man 70 lbs is allot, does it weird you out when you see your reflection sometimes? I used to trip out at first lol i was so used to the bigger me
Old 02-02-2013, 08:46 PM   #123
clean4door

Thanks
Honestly. I still don't completely see the difference. I guess u can say I still see the old me majority of the time
JDL auto design
ICB Motorsports
Old 02-02-2013, 09:47 PM   #124
skar1.0

Yeah i know what you mean people will give me compliments but i still see myself with allot of work ahead, you've motivated me to post pics I'll try to get the early ones off my old phone now. Again, great job man
Old 02-03-2013, 02:25 PM   #125
AZTEG95
IownaEF

I run. So if anyone want to train with me hmu.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:24 PM   #126
Dsquared Upholstery

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTEG95 View Post
I run. So if anyone want to train with me hmu.
I run a lot of stuff too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #127
1badLst

I pick things up and put them down. sometimes I do that with people....on their heads
1badLst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:55 PM   #128
SiR Mikey
Jermo=King

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean4door View Post
Here ya go, still got a long way to go. But im down round 70lbs in 7 months and ive maintained it for past 3.
Thats god damn impressive man! Just imagine where you'll be next year...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsquared Upholstery View Post
I run a lot of stuff too.

LOL
SiR Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:11 AM   #129
skar1.0

So here it is, its been almost two years since i began trying to live a healthier life, this is my progress so far but i still am not satisfied, greatest accomplishment so far? Getting rid of the cankles lol.
Hope the pics come out in order I'm doing this from my phone.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:55 AM   #130
clean4door

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR Mikey View Post
Thats god damn impressive man! Just imagine where you'll be next year...

LOL
Thanks mikey, now I just gotta keep it up this year
JDL auto design
ICB Motorsports
Old 02-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #131
SiR Mikey
Jermo=King

Quote:
Originally Posted by skar1.0 View Post
So here it is, its been almost two years since i began trying to live a healthier life, this is my progress so far but i still am not satisfied, greatest accomplishment so far? Getting rid of the cankles lol.
Hope the pics come out in order I'm doing this from my phone.
Very impressive man. What kind of time span is between the first and last pic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean4door View Post
Thanks mikey, now I just gotta keep it up this year
It become habit man. First year is always the hardest. The compliments, which I'm sure you get a lot of, will be enough to keep you in line lol

Recent picture. Put on a layer of fat over the past 6 months and lost a little mass
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20130205_125058.jpg (43.9 KB, 138 views)
Old 02-05-2013, 01:28 PM   #132
skar1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR Mikey View Post
Very impressive man. What kind of time span is between the first and last pic?
Thanks man, about 14-18 months hard to tell because my old phone didn't date the pics lol
Old 02-05-2013, 01:35 PM   #133
Spec C

Good work everyone.

Mikey, how tall are you? Should have some updated progress pics in a couple months no?
Spec C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:59 PM   #134
jdmrex1

[quote=skar1.0;3025690]So here it is, its been almost two years since i began trying to live a healthier life, this is my progress so far but i still am not satisfied, greatest accomplishment so far? Getting rid of the cankles lol.
Hope the pics come out in order I'm doing this from my phone[quote]

Nice job man. You can really tell the change. Have you been following the same diet plan since you started? Are you going for a bulk look or just lean out?
Old 02-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #135
skar1.0

Nice job man. You can really tell the change. Have you been following the same diet plan since you started? Are you going for a bulk look or just lean out?

Thank you, no i haven't the first year i was counting every calorie and doing insanity, last year i joined the gym and was really weak so i raised my calorie intake by about 500 calories a day and an extra protein shake a day trying to get my strength up. The second to last pic was when i had about a month into lifting, i gained allot of fat as well but currently I'm cutting down.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:34 PM   #136
SiR Mikey
Jermo=King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec C View Post
Good work everyone.

Mikey, how tall are you? Should have some updated progress pics in a couple months no?
5'8-9. And absolutely, dead set on hitting this goal
Old 02-05-2013, 08:47 PM   #137
KingDingaLing
AZHT.net Moderator

big and sexy. just before i started my diet and working out. here i was 312 pounds. about a month ago. currently in the high 280s

VIBRANT Performance
|I|C|B|Motorsport
ALL IN Fabrication
HYBRID Racing
FALKENtire
DOWNSTARINC.
STICKYDILJOE.COM
KingDingaLing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:50 PM   #138
clean4door

Aww shit. Getting there buddy

Thanks mikey. I've only been in the gym lifting for 6 months. Everything before was just cardio. So ya it's hard to keep it up, especially since I'm still a big gym noob
JDL auto design
ICB Motorsports
Old 02-05-2013, 09:15 PM   #139
jdmrex1

Ha tell me about a gym noob. I just started a month ago. Ive done a ton of research on just about everything. From eating healthy, counting calories, and gym ecxercises.. I feel like a weakling compared to alot of people at the gym. But that just motivates me to hitting my goals. From the cardio side I hit 1.5 miles in 12minutes, I lost 10lbs since I started and ive noticed my strength getting better. My max at BenchPress was 1/2 a plate lol.. Now I can do 1 1/2 plates 5X..
It really feels great.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:34 PM   #140
Spec C

Stay safe. Get your form down, and get technically proficient before worrying too much about weight.

If need be film yourself on the big lifts(bench, dead, overhead press, squat) and post up for critique. Even better get someone who knows what they are doing, to help train you for a few sessions. And I can't stress KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING enough. There are plenty of "big" guys who have no clue about proper technical form.

RC. Stay on track man, and you wont even recognize yourself in a few months.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:26 AM   #141
PhxKid92
Finally, not a stupid username!

wish i had the motivation to get into shape :/ im in the worst shape iv ever been. i was 180 2 months ago now im 168-170, i have no idea how i lost over ten pounds by doing the same thing i always do lol ?? it would be nice to have a personal trainer, i would like to stay around the same weight but tighten everything up and get some muscle tone
PhxKid92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:35 AM   #142
Bodykit
hatchkid92<------- old sn

Good shit Rc! And Mikey stfu with ur layer of fat shit lol I should probably watch what I say seeing how ill be working out with u later lol

Vote Colt_45 & comptonasskerry for bein MOD's!
Bodykit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:07 AM   #143
Dsquared Upholstery

[quote=Spec C;3026435]Stay safe. Get your form down, and get technically proficient before worrying too much about weight.

X2 on this part especially. Control is sooo essential. I see it day after day, guys grab these big ass weights and have sloppy form. Take the ego out of the lift and focus on the movement, the muscle, the pump.

You should be squeezing each contraction and really focus on not bouncing the weight around.

A good video to watch is the training with Kai series on youtube, he's all of controlled movements.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #144
Spec C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsquared Upholstery View Post
Take the ego out of the lift and focus on the movement, the muscle, the pump.

You should be squeezing each contraction and really focus on not bouncing the weight around.
I'm not so much referring to that more so the technical side of things. You can have slow controlled movements and still be technically challenged. For example myself. I always lifted with super controlled negatives on bench press, very tight form, but from a technical standpoint I was a mess. Not until I had someone who was truly a technician watching me and coaching my form did I realize how bad it was(technically). It was slow, controlled, and looked pretty to the average person but get around people who know what to look for and it was not good.

Bench pressing is more than lying on a bench and pressing, for example.

The pump, and all that is not really a factor in strength training and especially shouldn't really be a factor on big compound lifts. For instance "the pump" is the last thing on my mind on a deadlift. Or say any of the Olympic lifts, these are impossible to do slow, or for a pump. Bicep curl, and more isolation oriented lifts sure pump away.

Being fast on the concentric portion of the lift is important for force generation. The more speed, and explosiveness, the better. If I asked someone to jump onto a picnic table it would be an explosive movement. In Westside Bb training(regarded as the strongest gym in the world) they focus two days a week to "dynamic effort" which is basically moving the weights as fast as possible, and working on speed/force generation.

There is a place for pump training, and for explosive fast movements, just depends on the lift and your goals.

(not all this is directed at you D as I know you know this, just clarifying what I meant)
Old 02-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #145
Spec C

Here is a decent video showing some really explosive deadlifts. Crazy how fast/easy they make it look. Hope to one day have half of that speed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USPBqDYdHBc
Old 02-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #146
PhxKid92
Finally, not a stupid username!

spec youre hired to be my personal trainer congratulations
PhxKid92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #147
Dsquared Upholstery

Quote:
I'm not so much referring to that more so the technical side of things. You can have slow controlled movements and still be technically challenged. For example myself. I always lifted with super controlled negatives on bench press, very tight form, but from a technical standpoint I was a mess. Not until I had someone who was truly a technician watching me and coaching my form did I realize how bad it was(technically). It was slow, controlled, and looked pretty to the average person but get around people who know what to look for and it was not good.

Bench pressing is more than lying on a bench and pressing, for example.

The pump, and all that is not really a factor in strength training and especially shouldn't really be a factor on big compound lifts. For instance "the pump" is the last thing on my mind on a deadlift. Or say any of the Olympic lifts, these are impossible to do slow, or for a pump. Bicep curl, and more isolation oriented lifts sure pump away.

Being fast on the concentric portion of the lift is important for force generation. The more speed, and explosiveness, the better. If I asked someone to jump onto a picnic table it would be an explosive movement. In Westside Bb training(regarded as the strongest gym in the world) they focus two days a week to "dynamic effort" which is basically moving the weights as fast as possible, and working on speed/force generation.

There is a place for pump training, and for explosive fast movements, just depends on the lift and your goals.

(not all this is directed at you D as I know you know this, just clarifying what I meant)
Yes well said. It's about the goal. Spec is a power lifter, I am a bodybuilder. The training is different in some parts of the movements like the focus on concentric and eccentric phases.

http://youtu.be/jKtMTK7WYUQ

Old 02-08-2013, 01:19 PM   #148
Spec C

Honestly he's not really going all that slow in that video. His curling is pretty damn quick. I think he got a bit more fanatical with the super slow shit lately.

I'm sure even there though he's super focused in his head on what he's training.

Also consider the lifts. Going slow on isolation movements is one thing but watch him bench here. He's fairly explosive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVUJ...e_gdata_player
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-zK...e_gdata_player
Old 02-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #149
Dsquared Upholstery

Quote:
Honestly he's not really going all that slow in that video. His curling is pretty damn quick. I think he got a bit more fanatical with the super slow shit lately.

I'm sure even there though he's super focused in his head on what he's training.

Also consider the lifts. Going slow on isolation movements is one thing but watch him bench here. He's fairly explosive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVUJ...e_gdata_player
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-zK...e_gdata_player
I dont recall mentioning anything about going slow however on most movements I do start slower and accelerate throughout the set on a lot of lifts.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:12 PM   #150
Spec C

Oh ok. Thought that is what you meant by "focusing on the eccentric/concentric phase" or the bouncing the weight around. Typically when someone says "focus on the negative" it means to slow the lift down. Guess I miss read it.

My bad.