AZHT.net  

Go Back   AZHT.net > Model Specific Tech Forums > EK Civic

EK Civic Civic (96-00) Discussion

Old 10-29-2018, 06:50 PM   #1
Nate13

What ecu to use on my b20 swap?

I am the proud owner of a 00 ej8 that is in the process of receiving a high comp jdm B20B swap
People on forums say get obd2b to obd2a jumper harness and run a p75 b18 ecu.
I was wondering how could a 1.8 and a 2.0 have the same map?! A tuner I called told me they do not and it will run my motor but it will run lean and the fuel and ignition maps are not even the same.
When I look up b20 ecus how can I tell if they are obd2a or obd2b like my car and motor?
If I buy a usdm b20 ecu can I bypass the immobilizer and will it be worth doing if a jdm ecu is hard to find?
woundnt a high comp and a low comp motor require a different tune and how do I know what the ecu is tuned for what ?
I can put a chipped p28 and a jumper harness but how do I know what b20b the chip will be for?a b20z tune might be my best bet because my motor has that resinatorchamber on top of the intake manifold but idk if I can even find a b20z tuned chip and I would like to stay away from converting my car to obd1.
Am I thinking to much into this? I just want my motor ran right
Nate13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:18 PM   #2
Nate13

you guys where so much help,I am running a chipped p28 for daily driving and I have a p75 I will buy the conversion harness when I have to go threw emissions
Nate13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 08:26 AM   #3
CAPTAIN CAAAAAAAVEMAN
WAT UP DAWG?

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=What+ecu+with+b20+swap

PM me for all your graphic needs! Banners, vehicle wraps or decals, custom wallcovering, fine art, window graphics, flags, table cloths, etc.

CAPTAIN CAAAAAAAVEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 08:29 AM   #4
CAPTAIN CAAAAAAAVEMAN
WAT UP DAWG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate13 View Post
you guys WERE so much help,I am running a chipped p28 for daily driving and I have a p75 I will buy the conversion harness when I have to go THROUGH emissions

PM me for all your graphic needs! Banners, vehicle wraps or decals, custom wallcovering, fine art, window graphics, flags, table cloths, etc.

CAPTAIN CAAAAAAAVEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:58 AM   #5
cbaracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate13 View Post
you guys where so much help,I am running a chipped p28 for daily driving and I have a p75 I will buy the conversion harness when I have to go threw emissions
you dont run a vtec ecu on a non vtec engine. i mean you can but you will have a constant check engine light. also you dont buy a conversion harness to pass emissions. that wont work since you have a 2000 civic.
what you can do is get a 00-01 manual CRV ecu which will have the correct maps, plug in with no jumper harness and pass emissions (provided you have all the appropriate items hooked up on said b20)
cbaracing is offline   Reply With Quote