AZHT.net  

Go Back   AZHT.net > User Feedback > Site Suggestions, Questions or Problems

Site Suggestions, Questions or Problems Test threads are allowed in here also if you need to try something out.

Old 04-15-2007, 12:29 PM   #1
JustinD

Guest Visitors to AZHT

With the amount of car theft stemming from AZHT, how about you DISable the fact that people can come on here and view threads while NOT logged in.

Right now there are like 9 guest viewing threads.

And maybe make it where you have to have 50 posts or more to even VIEW the classifieds section.

Fuck all this shit. We should do everything we can to protect our identities and our cars from people that just wanna rip shit off.
JustinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 12:38 PM   #2
Chiodos

whats the difference of them just making a bogus account and still looking... we still wouldnt know shit about them
Chiodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 12:46 PM   #3
mooshin
Since Day One

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94HBpunto View Post
whats the difference of them just making a bogus account and still looking... we still wouldnt know shit about them
or do we?
mooshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:56 PM   #4
AZDC2
Thoughts Become Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
With the amount of car theft stemming from AZHT, how about you DISable the fact that people can come on here and view threads while NOT logged in.

And maybe make it where you have to have 50 posts or more to even VIEW the classifieds section.

Fuck all this shit. We should do everything we can to protect our identities and our cars from people that just wanna rip shit off.
X2, i like this idea
AZDC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:37 AM   #5
Zero
YEEHAWW

Quote:

x3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civic_Girl View Post
what the hell is a spaz?
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:55 AM   #6
dr@ke
IN SPEED I TRUST

x4

are you can get there real name address and if it is a fake email make sure there password goes to there email so they can log in. i hate to see people's car's get stolen and there is a lot of guest on here all the time and it just scary just my 2 cents

dr@ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:58 AM   #7
97BaggedDually

x5

good idea to keep guests off of here, and be like honda tech, where you have to have a certain amount of posts or been a member for so long to view classifieds, cuz, this theft shit is gettin rediciolous. just my .02
97BaggedDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:57 PM   #8
Chinky
aka craftysince86

ok... i do not understand this request.

how does being on this board make u more at risk to have ur car stolen. if u post pix of ur car that's on you. and if u post ur number or cross streets thats on you. and even if u made people get an account or have a certain number of posts that not gonna fucken do anything.

cause they would have to do is get and account hit the needed number of posts and then just chill and post no more. they would just cruise the shit and check shit out.

but azht does not post any personal info about cars on locations or people! so all that shit is on you. imo it don't matter weather you make people hit 50 posts or 500 posts.

if u think this is a good idea ur next thread should be one of those "azht is loosing another member" or "fuck azht i don't want my shit stolen"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm1981 View Post
bet chinky has no money
Chinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:59 PM   #9
Chinky
aka craftysince86

Quote:
ex fucking actly! and they don't know shit about you.
Quote:
bet chinky has no money
Old 04-16-2007, 03:15 PM   #10
Chiodos

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkyeyedemcee View Post
ok... i do not understand this request.

how does being on this board make u more at risk to have ur car stolen. if u post pix of ur car that's on you. and if u post ur number or cross streets thats on you. and even if u made people get an account or have a certain number of posts that not gonna fucken do anything.

cause they would have to do is get and account hit the needed number of posts and then just chill and post no more. they would just cruise the shit and check shit out.

but azht does not post any personal info about cars on locations or people! so all that shit is on you. imo it don't matter weather you make people hit 50 posts or 500 posts.

Old 04-16-2007, 03:58 PM   #11
Stealthy
WorldWide Son...

I like the idea, it does make it harder for little fuck-stains to JUST look and gather info.. I like it, and I was wondering why I had to log in at school without even going to the menu screen.. This is balleR.. Good call.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:57 PM   #12
JustinD

Quote:
if u think this is a good idea ur next thread should be one of those "azht is loosing another member" or "fuck azht i don't want my shit stolen"

is it that BAD of an idea that we shouldnt do it ?

does in inconvenience you in some way ?

anything we can do to keep fuckers like that off the site the better.

Yes , it is on the people that post pics of their cars and what not, but what is the point of the forum if people don't come on here to talk about thier car and other cars ?? it would be just a glorified local classifieds / tech website at that point. You can find all that info other places. It would defeat the purpose of being a local honda website if there were no info or pics of local hondas
Old 04-16-2007, 05:52 PM   #13
yeung22

Quote:

Yes , it is on the people that post pics of their cars and what not, but what is the point of the forum if people don't come on here to talk about thier car and other cars ?? it would be just a glorified local classifieds / tech website at that point. You can find all that info other places. It would defeat the purpose of being a local honda website if there were no info or pics of local hondas

I agree, I haven't posted any pics on this website just because of the crazy volume of people on here. It would'nt hurt to make more of an effort to secure things.
yeung22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:48 PM   #14
DirtyEP3
Im the champ!!!

it is a good idea, every other forum that i am on has that until you get this many post deal and you have to confirm via email. it not only helps at stoping car theft, but also help stop scammers in the for sale thread.
DirtyEP3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:28 AM   #15
Chinky
aka craftysince86

Quote:

true and no it won't inconvience me. but posting pix of ur car or talking about ur car on this site helps thieves how? no one says oh i have this cut off switch and that security measure. but the real only advantage thieves would have it what is under the hood. and i'm sure that half the people on this site if someone that drives another clean civic or teg and started talking to you and asked what's under it [b] most [B/] would pop there hood or give up the specs.

idk i don't really care but just seems like another one of those useless ideas. 50 posts takes what, like a day to get if ur trying.
Quote:
bet chinky has no money
Old 04-17-2007, 10:34 AM   #16
JustinD

Quote:
true and no it won't inconvience me. but posting pix of ur car or talking about ur car on this site helps thieves how? no one says oh i have this cut off switch and that security measure. but the real only advantage thieves would have it what is under the hood. and i'm sure that half the people on this site if someone that drives another clean civic or teg and started talking to you and asked what's under it [b] most [B/] would pop there hood or give up the specs.

idk i don't really care but just seems like another one of those useless ideas. 50 posts takes what, like a day to get if ur trying.
as richee would say ...

"K"
Old 04-17-2007, 10:43 AM   #17
Chiodos

Talking

Quote:
as richee would say ...

"K"
http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28360
Old 04-17-2007, 10:50 AM   #18
JustinD

Quote:
i figured something like that would follow, lol
Old 04-17-2007, 12:57 PM   #19
Zero
YEEHAWW

Quote:
lolz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civic_Girl View Post
what the hell is a spaz?
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:05 PM   #20
tegmister
tegmister

I agree with following the idea, its not hurting anything and it seems like it might filter out a few scum bags. but theres always going to be people on like chinky said. 50 posts is nothing.
tegmister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:23 AM   #21
Chinky
aka craftysince86

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegmister View Post
I agree with following the idea, its not hurting anything and it seems like it might filter out a few scum bags. but theres always going to be people on like chinky said. 50 posts is nothing.

i just don't see how this adds to the vulnerability of ur car? i mean how does being on this site help thieves get ur shit? name me one way other than posting ur address, security measures, etc.
Quote:
bet chinky has no money
Old 04-19-2007, 08:18 AM   #22
Chiodos

Quote:

i just don't see how this adds to the vulnerability of ur car? i mean how does being on this site help thieves get ur shit? name me one way other than posting ur address, security measures, etc.
shit son i posted a pic once and they "eye stripped" my car i was devastated
Old 04-19-2007, 03:58 PM   #23
HEADSHOT

its not really that hard to figure out where someon lives... there was a car that was just sold on this website... it had pics and description of what was donw to it..

i then saw this car in phx... i knew what was in it. what kinda seats belts motor trans everything. i could have easily followed this car to its home and snagged it. but i wouldnt cause im not a car thief... so i think it would be a good idea to keep guest from reading classifieds and the appearnce section.
HEADSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:18 PM   #24
Chinky
aka craftysince86

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF91hatch View Post
its not really that hard to figure out where someon lives... there was a car that was just sold on this website... it had pics and description of what was donw to it..

i then saw this car in phx... i knew what was in it. what kinda seats belts motor trans everything. i could have easily followed this car to its home and snagged it. but i wouldnt cause im not a car thief... so i think it would be a good idea to keep guest from reading classifieds and the appearnce section.
like i said if u post private info like street address n shit that's on you. deal with pm's if anything. and as far as this whole make noobs not able to read classifieds the things is that noobs don't stay noobs for very long. there is no defense against this. only thing is don't post up private location and or number. u take a risk on here for just posting your car. what if some kid says he has cash in hand and wants to see the car? u meet and he pulls a gun on you fucked cause azht huh? wrong!

u take a risk on this site weather you like it or not. if u fear for your vehicle that much then stay off. cause apparently half of the members on here are thieves, so what r u gonna do about that? force people to submit back ground checks and point of signing up?

there is no way to safely secure this site. this is the risk we all take day by day for being on here.
Quote:
bet chinky has no money