AZHT.net  

Go Back   AZHT.net > Misc Forums > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness Health & Fitness Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 02:54 PM   #1
J240sx
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lehigh Acres, FL
Posts: 183
iTrader: (0)
Surprise Gym

So, it's time for me to get back to the gym. I'm now in Surprise near Bell and the 303. I have Mountainside, Anytime, and 24hour fitness nearby. Anyone have a hookup on memberships? Back in the day I had a friend at LA fitness And paid $0 registration and $22 per month. Any help is appreciated
J240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #2
Spec C
 
Spec C's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: AZ
Posts: 3,089
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by J240sx View Post
So, it's time for me to get back to the gym. I'm now in Surprise near Bell and the 303. I have Mountainside, Anytime, and 24hour fitness nearby. Anyone have a hookup on memberships? Back in the day I had a friend at LA fitness And paid $0 registration and $22 per month. Any help is appreciated
No questions asked I would train here.
http://www.urbanstrengthandfitness.com/
Spec C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
Hard2Beat cr-x
 
Hard2Beat cr-x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: phoeni-XXX
Posts: 253
iTrader: (0)
Where in the same path op I enrolled into you fit but don't really like it
Hard2Beat cr-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:59 PM   #4
SiR Mikey
Jermo=King
 
SiR Mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hick Town
Posts: 7,503
iTrader: (19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec C View Post
No questions asked I would train here.
http://www.urbanstrengthandfitness.com/
Wtf bro, aint nobody curling in that gallery. Less chainz more treadmills
SiR Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:04 PM   #5
Spec C
 
Spec C's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: AZ
Posts: 3,089
iTrader: (1)
haha right?

That place is awesome. No contract, $30 a month, key card access. You might actually get results because you will be training in an awesome atmosphere.
Spec C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:20 PM   #6
SiR Mikey
Jermo=King
 
SiR Mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hick Town
Posts: 7,503
iTrader: (19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec C View Post
haha right?

That place is awesome. No contract, $30 a month, key card access. You might actually get results because you will be training in an awesome atmosphere.
If it wasn't closer to my daughters dick face biological father I'd move out there just for the gym
SiR Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:37 PM   #7
J240sx
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lehigh Acres, FL
Posts: 183
iTrader: (0)
It seems pretty hardcore. But, I don't really need all that. I need somewhere that has flexible hours, since I have a daughter due any day now and don't know when I have time but I will make time. Also don't want to break the bank. Supporting soon to be two kids and a stay at home wife isn't sheep.
J240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:02 PM   #8
SiR Mikey
Jermo=King
 
SiR Mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hick Town
Posts: 7,503
iTrader: (19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by J240sx View Post
It seems pretty hardcore. But, I don't really need all that. I need somewhere that has flexible hours, since I have a daughter due any day now and don't know when I have time but I will make time. Also don't want to break the bank. Supporting soon to be two kids and a stay at home wife isn't sheep.
Fitness 1, Greenway&303. 24 hour I believe, more average Joe friendly without being a bitch gym
SiR Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:02 PM   #9
SiR Mikey
Jermo=King
 
SiR Mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hick Town
Posts: 7,503
iTrader: (19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by J240sx View Post
It seems pretty hardcore. But, I don't really need all that. I need somewhere that has flexible hours, since I have a daughter due any day now and don't know when I have time but I will make time. Also don't want to break the bank. Supporting soon to be two kids and a stay at home wife isn't sheep.
Fitness 1, Greenway&303. 24 hour I believe, more average Joe friendly without being a bitch gym
SiR Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:35 PM   #10
J240sx
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lehigh Acres, FL
Posts: 183
iTrader: (0)
I had seen Fitness 1, it's literally 4 minutes from me. Hate being critical but there were a few google reviews about their crappy billing practices.
J240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:11 PM   #11
Spec C
 
Spec C's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: AZ
Posts: 3,089
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by J240sx View Post
It seems pretty hardcore. But, I don't really need all that. I need somewhere that has flexible hours, since I have a daughter due any day now and don't know when I have time but I will make time. Also don't want to break the bank. Supporting soon to be two kids and a stay at home wife isn't sheep.
How much more flexible can you get than key card access?

It's not about being hardcore more about having good equipment(good benches, multiple racks, etc) plus having a bunch of people who know their shit
who can help you with technique/form if need be.

This place isn't really that "hardcore". It's just a lifters gym...

Can't stress how lucky you guys who live near there are. I'm training at shit ass la fitness.
Spec C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:15 AM   #12
SiR Mikey
Jermo=King
 
SiR Mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hick Town
Posts: 7,503
iTrader: (19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by J240sx View Post
I had seen Fitness 1, it's literally 4 minutes from me. Hate being critical but there were a few google reviews about their crappy billing practices.
I've been with fitness 1 for 4 years without a single problem, and the owners are always in and out of the gyms making sure things are in order. Those same reviews were up when i first signed up at the one off the 303 years ago.

I agree with Spec though. If it wasn't over a half hour drive to Urban, Id sign up there. You'd honestly be depriving yourself if you passed up on that gym
SiR Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:20 PM   #13
failedabortion
boats n hoes
 
failedabortion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: west
Posts: 3,878
iTrader: (20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by J240sx View Post
I had seen Fitness 1, it's literally 4 minutes from me. Hate being critical but there were a few google reviews about their crappy billing practices.
Their billing isn't handled in house or at least wasn't when I was there.
They were still charging me every month 6 months after I cancelled my membership and somehow never received my copy of the cancellation form everytime I faxed it in. Ended up having my bank issue me a new debit card.

Gym is decent if you don't plan on leaving them lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec C View Post
How much more flexible can you get than key card access?

It's not about being hardcore more about having good equipment(good benches, multiple racks, etc) plus having a bunch of people who know their shit
who can help you with technique/form if need be.

This place isn't really that "hardcore". It's just a lifters gym...

Can't stress how lucky you guys who live near there are. I'm training at shit ass la fitness.
Wow I've seen their sign on the sidewalk but always thought it was for a competition/meet lol
__________________
I was paid
with the shadow of consensual rape
failedabortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ŠAZHT.net 2004-2018
Design by HTWoRKS