AZHT.net  

Go Back   AZHT.net > Technical Forums > Tech Garage > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger & All FI Setups

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2015, 05:17 PM   #1
Littlejon1378
 
Littlejon1378's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 1,750
iTrader: (2)
Jackson racing supercharger

Hello friends,

I am looking for any advice, help, info and OG knowledge in regards to installing and fine tuning of a jrsc on a b16.

I understand hondata and a dyno tune are the obvious choice when it comes to getting it up and running proper but I'm looking for some input/advice on other options that involve keeping a stock unchipped ecu. Of course hondata will be something I will be aiming to get in the future but for now I just wanna learn what I can.

And thank you all in advance for your input

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Littlejon1378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 06:25 PM   #2
king06
SOY JUAN CAMANEY,CHINGON!
 
king06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Glendale
Posts: 6,100
iTrader: (14)
I know some of the kits came with a cheap"performance" box. You would splice it into your ecu wiring and it would add fuel, and I'm guessing also retarded the timing based on boost.

Or you can get a missing link and a fmu.

Or fmu with an apexi vafc?

I know your trying to safe money, but it's not worth it get a Neptune rtp or s100. Stay away from the s200.
king06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 06:34 PM   #3
Littlejon1378
 
Littlejon1378's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 1,750
iTrader: (2)
Thank you for your inout sir

I plan on doing it the right way but I don't drive the car very much so I'm not extremely worried about sticking with the stock ecu just to get things going because I'm not gonna be driving it around everyday.

But mainly right now I want help/advice on getting everything put together properly as far as the hardware. GOOGLE is my best friend and I'm not finding a whole lot of specific info as far as install and the few pieces I am missing so I thought I'd look for people with first hand experience.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Littlejon1378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 06:54 PM   #4
BlueTeg
WTB: Lexus LFA
 
BlueTeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Margaritaville, AZ
Posts: 4,635
iTrader: (71)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlejon1378 View Post
I plan on doing it the right way
Then get a proper engine management system for it like Hondata or Neptune and have it tuned by a reputable tuner here locally.
I've used Joe at Locash and Tony at UMS, both have a long track record of tuning boosted Hondas.

I ran one on my race car for a year and liked it. Have fun with the heat that it generates during the summer time.
I had the LHT intercooler mod on mine and I was seeing 180 degrees IAT in the summer on my race car.
__________________
NASA Arizona Honda Challenge
Like us @ facebook/ArizonaHondaChallenge
BlueTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:11 PM   #5
Littlejon1378
 
Littlejon1378's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 1,750
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTeg View Post
Then get a proper engine management system for it like Hondata or Neptune and have it tuned by a reputable tuner here locally.
I've used Joe at Locash and Tony at UMS, both have a long track record of tuning boosted Hondas.

I ran one on my race car for a year and liked it. Have fun with the heat that it generates during the summer time.
I had the LHT intercooler mod on mine and I was seeing 180 degrees IAT in the summer on my race car.
The tuning part of it isn't my main concern at this time. I would like some info on install yips and tricks also I am missing a few items that I can probably make myself but I'm looking for someone to let me use there parts as a template so I can get the proper dimensions

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Littlejon1378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 08:09 PM   #6
jscivic
 
jscivic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 869
iTrader: (18)
Listen to BlueTeg. Do it the right the first time and save yourself future headache. Even though you dont drive the car that often it only takes a few secs for things to go south. Proper engine management is a must, i have a boosted b18c hatch and a jdm b18cr hatch both get driven only a few times a month and both have and are tuned on hondata s300. Do it right now, Believe me you'll be glad you did in the long run.

Just my 2 cents
Happy building
__________________
9k and beyond
jscivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 10:03 PM   #7
Littlejon1378
 
Littlejon1378's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 1,750
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscivic View Post
Listen to BlueTeg. Do it the right the first time and save yourself future headache. Even though you dont drive the car that often it only takes a few secs for things to go south. Proper engine management is a must, i have a boosted b18c hatch and a jdm b18cr hatch both get driven only a few times a month and both have and are tuned on hondata s300. Do it right now, Believe me you'll be glad you did in the long run.

Just my 2 cents
Happy building
I will be getting s300.

But if anyone knows someone with a complete set up that can let me some parts to use as templates to make a few of the pieces for the pulley brackets and what not

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Littlejon1378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 11:32 PM   #8
king06
SOY JUAN CAMANEY,CHINGON!
 
king06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Glendale
Posts: 6,100
iTrader: (14)
Good luck, there's a couple things that steer me away from a superchareger, a used one that is.

1. You never know what condition its in, until you actually use it. It could have bad bearings, or the blades made contact with the housing.

2. if it's used, its always missing something and the people that sells them says the parts are "easy and cheap to find" bullshit.

3. Like blueteg said, it is going to create a shit load of heat. Meaning you will only he able to run 4-8lbs? Before it gets so hot you will start losing power or even worse blow up the motor.

4. And this goes more with #3. If you want to add an intercooler, its going to add another $1000-1500 on top. Well the lht mod anyways, unless you have a rotrex style supercharger than you van just fab intecooler piping, pretty simple, but you don't.

good luck.
king06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 12:43 AM   #9
Littlejon1378
 
Littlejon1378's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 1,750
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by king06 View Post
Good luck, there's a couple things that steer me away from a superchareger, a used one that is.

1. You never know what condition its in, until you actually use it. It could have bad bearings, or the blades made contact with the housing.

2. if it's used, its always missing something and the people that sells them says the parts are "easy and cheap to find" bullshit.

3. Like blueteg said, it is going to create a shit load of heat. Meaning you will only he able to run 4-8lbs? Before it gets so hot you will start losing power or even worse blow up the motor.

4. And this goes more with #3. If you want to add an intercooler, its going to add another $1000-1500 on top. Well the lht mod anyways, unless you have a rotrex style supercharger than you van just fab intecooler piping, pretty simple, but you don't.

good luck.
I don't want to run anything higher then 8 psi really. I'd actually be more comfortable around 5-6. I don't want a race car just something fun with some get up go.

And I was well aware of how hard parts are to come by that's why I made sure to find one that had the most necessary parts with it. The stuff in am missing I can fabricate myself for the most part.

I will also be inspecting/rebuilding it if I need to before install.


Like i said before Im just looking for some help from someone with first hand experience with a jrsc. Also I'm.looking for anyone that currently has a complete set up or at least the parts I am missing so that I could possible borrow those parts and use as templates to make my own

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Littlejon1378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 04:17 AM   #10
Littlejon1378
 
Littlejon1378's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 1,750
iTrader: (2)
Ttt

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Littlejon1378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 04:48 AM   #11
BlueTeg
WTB: Lexus LFA
 
BlueTeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Margaritaville, AZ
Posts: 4,635
iTrader: (71)
Post a picture of what you have and we can try and spot what you are missing.

I don't many people here who have complete kits just sitting in their garage...much less who will just start loaning out parts to a stranger so they can fab up a duplicate.
__________________
NASA Arizona Honda Challenge
Like us @ facebook/ArizonaHondaChallenge
BlueTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 11:23 AM   #12
blackyem1
 
blackyem1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Avondale
Posts: 1,119
iTrader: (8)
Text u bro.
blackyem1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 02:30 PM   #13
Littlejon1378
 
Littlejon1378's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 1,750
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTeg View Post
Post a picture of what you have and we can try and spot what you are missing.

I don't many people here who have complete kits just sitting in their garage...much less who will just start loaning out parts to a stranger so they can fab up a duplicate.
It won't let me upload the pics j have but I know what parts I am missing. And I know its gonna be hard finding someone that has theboarts and that will actually let me borrow them to make my own but its worth a shot.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Littlejon1378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 12:34 AM   #14
Littlejon1378
 
Littlejon1378's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 1,750
iTrader: (2)
Ttt

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Littlejon1378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 05:02 PM   #15
Littlejon1378
 
Littlejon1378's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 1,750
iTrader: (2)
Bump

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Littlejon1378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 03:43 PM   #16
Littlejon1378
 
Littlejon1378's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 1,750
iTrader: (2)
Ttt

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Littlejon1378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 06:45 PM   #17
Littlejon1378
 
Littlejon1378's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 1,750
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaBoy[T] View Post
Sell and buy turbo kit. Bump?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope nope nope

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk 2
Littlejon1378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 07:03 PM   #18
Littlejon1378
 
Littlejon1378's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 1,750
iTrader: (2)
Need help figuring out what size seals and gaskets I need. Especially the snout seal is it 47 or 52mm? Help me guys

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Littlejon1378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 11:10 PM   #19
king06
SOY JUAN CAMANEY,CHINGON!
 
king06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Glendale
Posts: 6,100
iTrader: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlejon1378 View Post
Need help figuring out what size seals and gaskets I need. Especially the snout seal is it 47 or 52mm? Help me guys

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

You don't have a micrometer or caliper? I have both.

I also have a pdf file of the basic install.


This by is selling a kit.
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/pts/4848941960.html
king06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 11:16 PM   #20
king06
SOY JUAN CAMANEY,CHINGON!
 
king06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Glendale
Posts: 6,100
iTrader: (14)
Some parts, alot of the the stuff isn't available anymore.

http://www.supercharger.com/Shop/Vie...eIndexID=44862
king06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 02:10 AM   #21
Littlejon1378
 
Littlejon1378's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 1,750
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by king06 View Post
You don't have a micrometer or caliper? I have both.

I also have a pdf file of the basic install.


This by is selling a kit.
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/pts/4848941960.html
I figured out which seal I need, also that's my craigslist ad lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Littlejon1378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 10:41 AM   #22
king06
SOY JUAN CAMANEY,CHINGON!
 
king06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Glendale
Posts: 6,100
iTrader: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlejon1378 View Post
I figured out which seal I need, also that's my craigslist ad lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
So you giving up?
king06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 03:16 PM   #23
Littlejon1378
 
Littlejon1378's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 1,750
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by king06 View Post
So you giving up?
No

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Littlejon1378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 09:46 PM   #24
Littlejon1378
 
Littlejon1378's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 1,750
iTrader: (2)
Pmub
Bump
Pmub
Bump

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Littlejon1378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:11 AM   #25
BoostedJ
 
BoostedJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: eastside
Posts: 81
iTrader: (0)
You are not going to find any parts for this...the one guy who maybe could have helped you, lives in another country, and was killed recently in a car accedent. R.I.P MR Grim
BoostedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:18 AM   #26
Littlejon1378
 
Littlejon1378's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 1,750
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedJ View Post
You are not going to find any parts for this...the one guy who maybe could have helped you, lives in another country, and was killed recently in a car accedent. R.I.P MR Grim
Ya I read about that on honda-tech while searching for info and parts on this, very unfortunate.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Littlejon1378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 03:41 PM   #27
HeikDiesel
 
HeikDiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 740
iTrader: (0)
What exactly are you looking for?
HeikDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 04:57 PM   #28
Littlejon1378
 
Littlejon1378's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 1,750
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeikDiesel View Post
What exactly are you looking for?
Well hello hello Mr. Rhd lht jrsc

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Littlejon1378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 05:00 PM   #29
Littlejon1378
 
Littlejon1378's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 1,750
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeikDiesel View Post
What exactly are you looking for?
Text me please 520-840-2578

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Littlejon1378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ŠAZHT.net 2004-2018
Design by HTWoRKS