AZHT.net  

Go Back   AZHT.net > Misc Forums > Car & Home Audio

Car & Home Audio Car & Home Audio Junkies Welcome

Old 06-19-2015, 01:03 PM   #1
hondafanej1

JL 10W7 and JX1000 questions.....

Just have a quick question. Im installing a W7 into my 2013 dodge charger. Will i need to upgrade my big three to avoid my HID's from dimming? Or would it be ok? also what gauge wire should i use for my ground and power? would 2ohm be too much? i dont know whether i should use 2ohm or 4ohm.
Old 06-19-2015, 05:32 PM   #2
91DAKID

I always wire all my audio heavy. For a w7 id use 0 guage for all my wiring. (More Current/signal) worse comes to worse if it dims your H.I.Ds really bad slap another battery in the trunk becuase sometimes caps just dont do the trick. When i had my walls/bigger systems in my minitrucks i had a off and on switch for my subs becuase running 2ohm i only would burb them when the bass knob up from time to time because it was too loud, so what im getting at is it depends on how much you plan on slappin lol
91DAKID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 09:40 PM   #3
LS-S DA9
http://www.azht.net

But a running car gets power from the alternator. What would a second battery do?

2001 Integra LS project/DD
2005 CR-V fully loaded

Hasport
kSPORT
ASR
HONDATA
LS-S DA9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:51 AM   #4
hondafanej1

Yea I figured I would probably be better off with a thicker gauge wire. As for the h.i.d problem well I was thinking maybe upgrading my big three would help. I been doin a lot of research. Just trying to see what other ideas I can get.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:53 AM   #5
hondafanej1

He probably meant an extra battery to system only. Like use one battery to power the system and the other to crank the car
Old 06-20-2015, 04:51 PM   #6
91DAKID

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafanej1 View Post
He probably meant an extra battery to system only. Like use one battery to power the system and the other to crank the car
Yeah,exactly what i ment. I use to have to run a separate battery when i had my RE XX 18" And i ran a big old school rockford cap and my lights would still dim time to time.
Old 06-21-2015, 10:02 AM   #7
hondafanej1

I'm hoping that upgrading my big three and battery will be enough
Old 06-21-2015, 10:41 AM   #8
taintschwacker
I GOT'S THE POO ON ME!!

You need to look at the amp and see what amperage the fuses add up too, find out your alternator max output. Upgrade to a red top sealed battery, might need capacitors installed or an isolator and second battery

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICD View Post
Fuuuuuuuu

Would have been interested if tank was full.
taintschwacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 06:31 PM   #9
91DAKID

Quote:
Originally Posted by taintschwacker View Post
You need to look at the amp and see what amperage the fuses add up too, find out your alternator max output. Upgrade to a red top sealed battery, might need capacitors installed or an isolator and second battery

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Yellow tops are better to use for audio then the red tops.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:03 PM   #10
LS-S DA9
http://www.azht.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafanej1 View Post
I just dunno about or get systems lol. I figured more alternator (power production) would be a priority over power "storage "

2001 Integra LS project/DD
2005 CR-V fully loaded

Hasport
kSPORT
ASR
HONDATA
LS-S DA9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:56 AM   #11
hondafanej1

Thanks for all the help guys. I basically upgraded my big 3 and my battery. It works great and no dimming. Thank you!