AZHT.net  

Go Back   AZHT.net > Model Specific Tech Forums > RSX + EP3

RSX + EP3 All RSX and EP3 (02-05 Civic Si) Discussion

Old 12-04-2013, 11:37 AM   #1
ErasedIdentity

2005 Acura RSX bad ECU?

Hi all,

Looking for some help. I have a 05 RSX that was diagnosed with a faulty ECU. Any recommendations would be great, where I can get it replaced locally if possible for a decent price, also the possibility of doing a 02-04 ECU and chipping it.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:33 PM   #2
haggardass30

Kpro is the best thing you can do.. If you were to buy a new ECU which i have my stock 05-06 ecu if your serious I can sell it for $100. but if you were to buy a ecu thats not kpro'd you need to take your car to acura/honda for them to set up the immobilizer to work so you can start your car.. I think you can probably just bring the ecu, your keys, and the ignition to them but im not 100% sure on that. but either way the Stealerships will probably charge you an arm and a leg to do that

You can buy a 05-06 kpro on clubrsx for probably $1000 i got mine for $900 locally
Plus I swear to you Kpro will be the best modification/upgrade you can do to your car and will be well worth it in the long run
haggardass30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 03:12 PM   #3
ErasedIdentity

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardass30 View Post
Kpro is the best thing you can do.. If you were to buy a new ECU which i have my stock 05-06 ecu if your serious I can sell it for $100. but if you were to buy a ecu thats not kpro'd you need to take your car to acura/honda for them to set up the immobilizer to work so you can start your car.. I think you can probably just bring the ecu, your keys, and the ignition to them but im not 100% sure on that. but either way the Stealerships will probably charge you an arm and a leg to do that

You can buy a 05-06 kpro on clubrsx for probably $1000 i got mine for $900 locally
Plus I swear to you Kpro will be the best modification/upgrade you can do to your car and will be well worth it in the long run

Thx man, I pm'd you!
Old 12-09-2013, 02:53 AM   #4
Jermo537
AZHT's Official Titty Boi

i hope this reaches you in time before you blow your money on random shit. i had an 06 diagnosed with a bad ECU, went digging around by the ECU and found there is 2 fuses right behind the glove box. they are kinda hidden so take the glove box out and maybe take the ECU for more room. They are right between the ECU and glove box. Make sure those arent blown, mine were and i replaced them. My car started right up after that

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR Mikey View Post
I only check this thread when I see Jermo has posted
Quote:
Originally Posted by deely7 View Post
Jermo is my hero!
Computer messed up? Hit me up, I do computer work for cheap!
Jermo537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #5
ErasedIdentity

Thanks everyone for your help! Issue was the ECU, replaced and car is back on the road. Now to find a kpro!
Old 12-12-2013, 07:55 AM   #6
Fix.it.again.Tony
Formerly 3.8 R-Spec

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErasedIdentity View Post
Thanks everyone for your help! Issue was the ECU, replaced and car is back on the road. Now to find a kpro!
locash racing or clubrsx
Fix.it.again.Tony is offline   Reply With Quote