AZHT.net  

Go Back   AZHT.net > Technical Forums > Tech Garage > ECU/Programming/Electronics

ECU/Programming/Electronics Discuss all ECU & Electronics

Old 02-20-2017, 03:33 PM   #1
Majik1r
CR-seX

Hondata CPR help?

I recently purchased a Hondata CPR kit along with OEM coils, and OEM distributor. I have everything wired in exactly how they tell you to on Hondata's site.
My car fires right up and idles great. With light application to the gas pedal it revs up nicely and fully up until my launch control which is set at 4500 but, once I apply heavy throttle, the car bogs down and dies/tries to die. It'll fire right back up after and do the exact same thing. I have tried using my other distributor on it and I am still getting the same results.
Once I set my ignition setup back to distributor and plug wires the car functions normally. I have tried researching this but no one seems to have the same issues I'm having. I am hoping someone on this site has some knowledge on the Hondata CPR and can give some guidance. I am beginning to wonder if it is because I am OBD0 to OBD1 converted and just following Hondata's installation procedure fully. My car is running a Locash jumper harness and my ECU does have the Q37 resistor installed.
Any help is appreciated.
Majik1r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 06:45 PM   #2
king06
SOY JUAN CAMANEY,CHINGON!

Haven't installed mine yet, did you use the correct plugs?
king06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 09:48 AM   #3
locash
AZHT.net Supporting Vendor

Stupid question, but did you enable the CPR option in the software?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1r View Post
I recently purchased a Hondata CPR kit along with OEM coils, and OEM distributor. I have everything wired in exactly how they tell you to on Hondata's site.
My car fires right up and idles great. With light application to the gas pedal it revs up nicely and fully up until my launch control which is set at 4500 but, once I apply heavy throttle, the car bogs down and dies/tries to die. It'll fire right back up after and do the exact same thing. I have tried using my other distributor on it and I am still getting the same results.
Once I set my ignition setup back to distributor and plug wires the car functions normally. I have tried researching this but no one seems to have the same issues I'm having. I am hoping someone on this site has some knowledge on the Hondata CPR and can give some guidance. I am beginning to wonder if it is because I am OBD0 to OBD1 converted and just following Hondata's installation procedure fully. My car is running a Locash jumper harness and my ECU does have the Q37 resistor installed.
Any help is appreciated.
2853 S. 44th St. #102
Phoenix, AZ 85040
602-763-5189
www.locashracing.com

Dyno Tuning that is barely affordable, at a price you can afford to pay once.
1994 Acura Integra, 8.49 @ 174
2001 Acura Integra, 8.21 @ 183
Injector Dynamics Distributor for AZ
locash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 04:08 AM   #4
BlueTeg
WTB: Lexus LFA

holy shit....Grumpy Joe in the house!?!
Old 03-10-2017, 08:02 AM   #5
Majik1r
CR-seX

Quote:
Originally Posted by locash View Post
Stupid question, but did you enable the CPR option in the software?
Yes all of the functions were enabled in the ECU. But I lied, the car is not running fine on just distributor. It fired up the first time and revved fine, but now is not running on the CPR or stock ignition. It is having this problem no matter the circumstances. I thought maybe the problem was something in my old jumper harness that I spliced in or pinned in wrong or something, but I just bought a brand new jumper from you and installed it on stock ignition and still get nothing.

I meant to delete this thread since I figured the problem was definitely not due to a fault in the CPR haha. I just forgot I even posted this. So now I'm trying to trace where this issue is coming from because the car ran flawlessly before trying to install the CPR kit. I bet I just messed something up in my ECU settings that I'm not seeing.
Majik1r is offline   Reply With Quote