PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Broadway. Fix*

nyenye09
10-04-2011, 11:21 AM
I thought I would share a little trick I used myself with my broadway rear view mirior with you guys, in case anyone else had this issue.

The issue: When I put the broadway miror onto the stock one it seem'd to have been to heavy for it. It would slowly move down, and when I drove even worse. I would have to be adjusting it back all the time.

The solution: I took 3 rubber band from work one day and wrap'd them around the little ball behind the miror. Once the rubber bands are tightly wrap'd you cant even see them because theh drop into the socket where the ball is that allows you to adjust your rear view.

Thats it. Now its all stiff and doesnt move around. Hope this helps someone.
:wave1:

rushbuster70
10-06-2011, 09:23 AM
nice fix! this drove me crazy!

nyenye09
10-06-2011, 12:07 PM
nice fix! this drove me crazy!

You had the same issue?

Dirt McGirk
10-09-2011, 07:27 PM
You can take the mirror off, pop the,cap off the back and,take off the metal tab that holds the rotator ball and bend it out a little. So that the center part that holds the ball of the mirror is pushed more towards it. Someone did a write up on here with,pica a long time ago. A littke more legit then rubber bands. It makes the mirror way more stiff and can still be adjusted.

nyenye09
10-09-2011, 10:03 PM
You can take the mirror off, pop the,cap off the back and,take off the metal tab that holds the rotator ball and bend it out a little. So that the center part that holds the ball of the mirror is pushed more towards it. Someone did a write up on here with,pica a long time ago. A littke more legit then rubber bands. It makes the mirror way more stiff and can still be adjusted.

hmmm nice, yea the rubber band thing is perty legit if i do say so myself, cant see em, stiff as fuck, and easier then taking it all apart.

rushbuster70
10-11-2011, 06:48 AM
You had the same issue?

yes.same exact prob.hated it!

Dirt McGirk
10-12-2011, 10:58 AM
hmmm nice, yea the rubber band thing is perty legit if i do say so myself, cant see em, stiff as fuck, and easier then taking it all apart..

Not really, i takes like 5 min. And it actually fixes it, stiffens up the mirror so you can still adjust it.

goose6453
10-28-2011, 01:41 AM
Thanks iI'm doing this tomorrow!!!